𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

the formal dinner began, it was quite a new experience for rosalie as the set up was quite different from the usual.

instead of four long tables, the great hall had only one table, their teachers were sat on one side, as the students sat around.

rosalie enjoyed the meal, but soon enough she found herself climbing up the stairs of the astronomy tower.

she sat down on the floor, and took her heels off. "thought i'd never see you here again, kinsley" a voice said suddenly, startling her. "you scared me" she said, her hand over her chest.

"it's been quite long since i've been here, i kind of miss it" she said as sirius went and sat next to her.

"we are friends, right, kinsley?" he suddenly asked, causing rosalie to look at him, "yeah, i guess so, why?" she asked. sirius shrugged, "just a random thought" he said.

"you don't have to call me kinsley, you know? everyone calls me rosie" she said. "same goes for you, kinsley," he said, smiling teasingly at her. "okay, sirius" she smiled, looking back up at the night sky. "you know, you're named after-" "the brightest star in the sky, i know" he interrupted. "that, and also my favorite star, which is sort of a let down since you're not exactly the brightest" she teased. "that's mean, rosie" he said, pouting, which caused her to laugh.

"you look gorgeous tonight, by the way" he said as the laughter died down. rosalie felt her cheeks heat up, "that's completely out of the blue" she said, smiling at him. "thanks anyway, I worked hard to look this decent" she said, laughing. "well, it seems you work hard everyday, then" he said, smirking.

"how is it that you're so good with words?" she asked, "it's one of my many skills" he said, "skills that help you flirt? or skills that potentially get you into trouble?" she asked, "maybe a little of both" he said.

the night before was spent talking, it was quite an enjoyable conversation that she had with sirius, mostly because they were mostly teasing each other or throwing sarcastic comments around and laughing.

rosalie hadn't been able to have conversations like this with anyone else, perhaps lily, but talking to sirius was different. maybe because she felt like she could talk to him about the weirdest crap and he would just go along with it, but also mostly because she and sirius just sort of connected.

mayhaps I kind of cringed when i wrote the last paragraph, but we'll just not pay any attention to it :)