CHAPTER FOUR

Jiddah, Saudi Arabia.

💮
"Assalam Alaiki, Madam Zahra".

" Walaikissalam Nada, how are you?." Zahra asked.

"I should be the one asking you that, you know. You didn't answer my call yesterday and..."

"I swear I didn't see it ringing". Zahra cut off.

" Then when you saw the missed call, you didn't bother to call back right?.

"Am so sorry durl, by the time I saw it, it was almost midnight and I know your sleepy head was fast asleep by that time".

" Ke! Wa kike cewa sleepy head? (Who are you calling sleepy head?)".

Zahra laughed at her sister's statement.

"Listen Zahra". Nada was serious this time. " Baba called and was asking of you ".

" Oh". Zahra simply said.

"What?, is that all you're going to say?."

"Then what do you want me to say Nada?". Zahra was starting to loose her temper.

" Heyy calm down, it's okay".
"I thought you'll say more than that". Nada knew she struck a nerve.

" More than what?.I have nothing to say Nada, nothing ".  Zahra replied coldly.

An uncomfortable silence followed afterwards.

"Tell me Zahra, are you still coming over after your exams to spend the holidays here?". Nada changed the topic.

Zahra noticed the change in discussion and was grateful for that.

"Yeah, maybe". She replied.

" Maybe?", why maybe. Or are you contemplating whether or not to come?".
Nada asked.

"Kar ki damu Nada, zanzo idan Allah ya yadda amma se kin mn alkawari cewa idan nazo zaki manta da yaa Aseem gaba daya ki juyo kaina".(Don't worry Nada, I'll be there God's willing but you have to promise me that after my arrival, you going to forget about your husband Aseem and turn completely unto me). Zahra joked.

" Okay miss, it's done." Said Nada.

Zahra can hear her sister smiling from the other end.

"I miss you so much Nada." Zahra said.

Now this'd second time Nada was told these words. And they came from her most beloved ones.

"I miss you too dear, and that's the reason why I asked of your coming to Saudi." Nada lamented.

Nada never liked the idea of her sisters staying alone at another place. She tried her best to see that Zahra stayed at least with a relative but to no avail.

Her mind is never at rest knowing fully well that her younger sister is out there facing the world all by herself. But she knows the Almighty is watching over her. She still hopes that some day, her sister will change her mind and move over to their home in kano. 
She feels that she's not meeting up with the roles of an elder sister.  

"Toh Allah ya nuna mana".(May we live to see it). Zahra prayed.

" Ameen, wishing you good luck on your exams."

"Thanks Nada. Bye , I love you". Zahra said.

" Love you too sis, Ma'assalam." Nada replied.

Zahra rolled her  eyes at the last word.

"Nada must you always find a way to prove you're married to an Arab".

Nada burst out laughing.

"Abeg Zahra bye bye". She hung the call still laughing. Her sister is too much.

Zahra is the most mysterious person Nada has ever known. Not that she has come across many.

Her sister Zahra is very unpredictable. She's the type of person the Hausa's call
" mai zurfin ciki".(A person who finds it difficult in telling people  things concerning them  to people).

Zahra is very good at keeping secrets. She's a reserved type of person, always calm and gentle. She's very detective and Nada for once had thought how good it will turn out if Zahra was to go for any crime investigation sort of thing.

Nada remembered she was to call the henna artist to come over. She went and took her bath, dressed up before proceeding to make a phone call to the lady.

Two painful hours later, Nada's henna dried completely. She has been complaining ever since the lady started her job. She couldn't stay in place to allow the lady to paint it beautifully. And Nada knows that had it been the lady was an aggressive one just like many henna artists and hair braiders she knew, they would have had a fight long ago with the lady.

Fortunately, this one was a nice young lady, she kept on telling Nada about her henna business, why she chose to do it, when she started it and so on.

She asked of  her age and found out she's just 19. Nada was quite impressed by the young lady's achievement at such a tender age.

Nada recalled a time in her life when she had so much passion for hair braiding. As odd as it may sound, she loves the art so much. Since when she was  about 7or 8 years old, she always practice making her stepsister Fadheela's hair. The girl has a very soft curly hair. Zahra never allows her to touch her hair, so she opt for another sister thankfully she has lots of them.
But as fate would have it's way, Nada never became a hair stylists, she  forgoes the art the moment she started her first year in university being an MB;BS student. The profession really comes with a lot of sacrifices. 

After washing off the henna paste, Nada admired her hands and legs for a long time. It was done just the way her husband liked it.
Nada blushed just by imagining the things he's gonna say to her.

It was already a quarter after two. Having nothing left to do, she decided to take a nap before she'll get in the kitchen to prepare iftaar.

💮Assalam Alaikum peeps!!

💮How's your day going?.

💮Ramadan Kareem my Muslim brothers and sisters!!

💮You guys should please bear with me regarding short chapters, typing and grammatical errors. Am new here.

💮I really need your votes and comments to keep me going.

💮VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE and RECOMMEND please😘💖.

💮I really don't know if you're enjoying the book or not. It seems am just writing to myself😖💔.

Chapter dedicated to ___saudaaa ,She's been pestering me for an update.  @aminatuu22 and Ameerahsg and Mattiekun  and hawwa_mm and @jacuzzieymama.
Love u Lodi Lodi💕💕

Birthday wishes in Addy maso🎂💗@aminatuu22.