1: Memory Lane

Walking down the quiet streets, I limped as an excruciating pain shot through my feet, nearly connecting with the unbearable in mu ribs. I coughed and spat up blood, what the hell were those things?

I looked around,

Not one person was around to see that incident. No one. It was oddly strange because usually it was noisy with the honks of cars every other minute along with the noise of children playing, but there was none of that. Just me walking down the streets trying to find my way home.

I got there in less than half hours time by walking, limping quietly as the blood I didn't bother to whip off my chin dripped onto my blue shirt, it was one of my favorites. Holding my stomach I walked up to my house and knocked on the door. My mom always locked the door given that we didn't live in a friendly neighborhood, it was something she was always serious about but just this once, I'd wish she was like her sister. My aunt would leave the door unlocked during the daytime, a luxury I wish I had during this time. I knocked again.

I knew that once she'd see me there would be a million question rolling off her tongue; about the blood on me, possibly rattling about suing the school for half their money because of the accident.

I rolled my eyes at the thought of all the drama, I mean we wouldn't be the only people suing. There would be the rest of the parents too. They deserve what they have coming for them because of my, seems to be broken, rib. I never had a broken rib so I don't know what it feels like, besides I've been passed out for nearly two hours so the pain was excruciating but nothing like the bad cramps I get. So I could handle it.

Barely..

I prepared myself for the questions when I knocked on the door yet again, shaking the knob this time only to find the door open. My eyebrows pull together in confusion, "..Mom?" this was weird. Mom never left the door unlocked, she was too OCD for that.

I walked in cautious of my surroundings and anything else unusual. Besides the fact that the bus crashed, today being awfully quiet, my moms' sudden nonexistent OCD, and that person running into oncoming traffic who cause us to crash.

Could the day get anymore painful and weird?

My thoughts stopped when I heard a rattle in the kitchen and a cup hit the ground causing the liquid in it to spill, after that I heard groans.

Oh, fuck! I know we are not getting robbed, seriously? And out of all days, why today? Couldn't it be tomorrow or something? Getting angrier with each thought, I instinctively went behind the couch to receive the bat.

You're messing with the wrong house! I smiled wickedly and dangerously as I step quietly though the hallway. Careful with each step I take.

I kept quiet as tip toed around the corner of the kitchen, why are they robbing us anyway? We don't really have any money. Shit, I'll help you look for it if you want me to, we were broke as hell at this time because of my little sister, Miley, that was born only a month ago.

Miley.. I always thought that it would be hell to have a little sister, because that's what my friend told, but my mom taught me otherwise. She said, 'You can babysit her and see what its like to have you own child', cause she knows that when I grow up I wanna at least be a parent to two kids but that's when I'm in my late 20's. Not now though..

And out of nowhere that's when I heard a scream, pulling me out of my thoughts. It wasn't a woman or manly scream, it was a scream from a baby. Horror flashed through my eyes as I stepped out of the shadows, what if it's Miley? Not thinking clearly I peeked around the corner and sure enough it was,