Chapter 5 - Transmigrated Into A Novel? (3)

After she placed him in the bed and half way through drying his hair, she stroked him on his cheek and said to him, "You stay here, XingXing. Mommy will go make you some dinner."

The little guy's eyes sparkled, "Am I XingXing?"

The original owner never gave the kiddo a nickname. She rarely even used his name in everyday life, usually just referred to him as "hey, you."

Naturally Cheng Huan wasn't going to do the same as the original owner and also felt that using his full name sounded very distant so she decided on doubling up one of the characters in his name as his nickname.

"That's right. You are XingXing," replied Cheng Huan.

Looking at the very excited little boy in front of her, Cheng Huan remembered her little niece. She was the same age as him and was already the little boss in her house. In contrast, this little kiddo was unspeakably excited over just a nickname.

Jiang XingChen was so happy his cheeks were flustered. He repeated the name over and over again in a silly, kid's way.

He scooted closer to Cheng Huan and hesitated a little before he leaned into her. Seeing that she didn't push him away, he got braver and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Mommy," he said. "I am XingXing."

"Mmhmm, you are XingXing." Cheng Huan stroked him on his hair and patted him on his little hand. "Alright, I am going to make you some food. XingXing is hungry, right?"

A loud rumbling coming from the kiddo's tummy was his response to her.

Cheng Huan chuckled.

The little kiddo felt a little embarrassed. He let go of his mother, rolled into bed with his cheeks red, and pulled the bath towel over his hand, determined to be a turtle hiding its head inside it's shell.

"Don't put the towel over your head. You will have difficulty breathing," said Cheng Huan as she pulled the towel down a little bit, then she walked out of the room as the little kiddo watched on.

The original owner wasn't an organized person, nor did she like to cook. There wasn't a lot of food at home.

Cheng Huan searched through the refrigerator and all she was able to find was some noodles and a few eggs. There were no vegetables or meat.

There wasn't too much stuff there for Cheng Huan to be creative with. She fried up two eggs and brought a pot of water to boil for the noodles.

When she waited for the water to boil, she further organized the original owner's memories.

Up to this point, she had only seen clips from the past. This time Cheng Huan was able to find information about her current status.

After the original owner spent a night with Mr. Jiang, she received some $500,000 ~ $600,000 from both sides combined. She had already gone through most of them after having the child and hasn't been working. There was only about $30,000 ~ $40,000 or so left in her bankcard. The pin for the card was the date she had spent the night with Mr. Jiang.

It looked like she hadn't given up after all.

Cheng Huan didn't have memories of that night, and she had no idea how good looking that Mr. Jiang was that it made the original owner keep him in her mind all these years.

When the water started to boil, Cheng Huan put the noodles in it while she continued to think about all sorts of things.

The original owner was a pretty girl as was her child. The two of them didn't look too much like each other, so most likely XingXing looked more like his dad whose name she didn't know.

Cheng Huan wondered how much the two of them resembled each other. Would the instant father have a birthmark on him as well?

As she was sorting all these out, she suddenly paused in the middle of her actions.

Cheng Huan, Jiang XingChen, a butterfly-shaped birthmark...

It looked way too similar to the novel that she had read in the past!