Something old, something new

As Abir and Mishti entered the bathroom, Mishti recalls the many moments they had in the shower- In Mumbai and on Holi. Somehow, something was different now... More exciting.. Mishti wasn't scared of losing herself in Abir anymore, though she was still shy and tried to get away before Abir trapped her against a wall..
Abir- Ek toh maine itna effective and romantic idea socha jisse tum late bhi na ho aur mujhe meri biwi (he comes closer to her with these words) ke saath aur time mile, aur tum ho ki mere taraf dekh bhi nahi rahi..

Mishti looks at him and he slowly caresses her cheeks and lips with his hand.. he then softly kisses her lips. But she looks away.
Abir gets discouraged and takes a step back when suddenly Mishti pulls him towards her and returns the kiss, and this kiss is anything but gentle. Driven by Mishti's kiss Abir pulls her closer towards him. There is hardly space to breathe. They move into the shower..
Abir- last time tume yaha pe apna challenge har kar bhi pura nahi kiya tha, aur angry Chorni se tum Darpok morni bann gayi thi...
Mishti smiles and stands on her toes to kiss Abir. This causes her to slip. Abir catches her as she is falling.. They stare into each other's eyes and kiss..  the hot shower is bringing them to the edge of their senses.. before long their clothes are falling and as clothes fall, all of Abir's tensions wash away, all of Mishti's reservations fade away.. They are one, and together, that feeling the "humare wali feeling" that Mishti feels when she is with Abir, overtakes them.

When Mishti is drying her hair, Abir sneaks up on her and zips up her dress. After Abir continues to stare at her Mishti asks him- Kya hua? Aise kyun dekh rahe ho?
Abir- Tum itni beautiful lag rahi ho ki soch raha hoon ki tumhari zip ko close karni ki jagah open karna chahiye tha..
Mishti- Abir.. shut up. Tum tired nahi hote kya.. mujhe Badi Maa ke paas jaana hai aur tumhe meeting mai. Chalo jaldi.
Abir resigns, kisses her cheek and says- okay, chalo!
Abir drops Mishti to Maheshwari house and goes for his meeting.
Mishti meets her Badi Maa and is very happy. She is about to go to meet Varsha Auntie when Abir calls her:
Mishti- Haan Abir, bolo.
Abir- Mishti tum mujhe itna distract kar deti ho ki mai tumhe batana hi bhul gaya.
Mishti- Kya?
Abir- Voh Nanko aur Kuhu jab ghar aaye the toh Maa aur Kuhu mai jhagda ho gaya.
Mishti- Kya? Kuhu ne maa se jhagda kiya?
Just then Varsha, Chachi and Kuhu enter.
Kuhu is angry at Mishti for putting the blame on her and informing her mother about the fight.
Kuhu starts to shout at Mishti for destroying her life and enjoying her vacation when Badi Maa comes. Kuhu again accuses Mishti of 'living off her husband' and enjoying her life while Kunal works.
Chachi- Iska kaam hi hai mufat mai rehna! Logo pe boj ban ke, bewajah unke life mai chipke rehna.
Badi Maa- Bass!! Bas, Kuhu bahaut ho gaya! Jasmeet, Humare gharo mai, paisa kahan se aaya, kaun kamaya nahi dekha jaata hai. Aaj Tak kabhi bhi Varsha ne tujse aise koi bhi baat ki hai jo tu aisi baat Kuhu ko karna sikha rahi hai? Kuhu, beta, ye saari baatein gharo ko todti hai. Ye saari baatein rishton mai aisi darar dalti hai jo bharna aasan nahi hota.. Tujhe Mishti nahi pasand hai na, theek hai, tu kya Abir ke baare mai bhi aisa sochti hai? Tujhe kya lagta hai ki Abir chahta hai ki Kunal work kare aur Abir ko kuch karna na pade?
Seeing that this line of talk is not working with Kuhu, Badi Maa continues-
Vaise theek hi toh hai, Abir bada hai, usse mai baat karungi, ki voh office jaaye, office ki saari zimadariya uthaye, ghar mai bade bete ka farz nibhaye. Mai usse kahungi ki saare decisions voh lena shuru kar de, sab kuch Kunal aur Meenakshiji pe na chode.

Kuhu realises the implications of this. Because Abir didn't interfere in the business, Kunal was its face and owner, but if Abir joined the business...... She was scared.

Kuhu- Nahi Dadi, mai aapki baat samaj gayi.. I am sorry Dadi.. mai aage se aisi baat nahi karungi..

Badi Maa- sorry mujhe nahi Mishti ko kaho.

Kuhu stares at Mishti mutters a sorry and leaves. Her anger is nowhere near gone and Chachi follows her to her room. Chachi and Kuhu complain about Mishti and how everything that happened was planned by her.

Mishti goes into the garden. Badi Maa comes to talk to her half expecting to see her in tears, she is relieved to that Mishti is only worried.
Badi Maa- kya baat hai?
Mishti- Badi Maa, mai aisa kya karu ki Kuhu mujhse nafrat karna bhul jaaye? Mai nahi chahti ki humare jhagdo se Abir aur Kunal pareshan ho. Voh log already itni koshish karr rahe hai.. aur vaha Ma bhi.. aap toh jaanti hi hai ki sab kuch kitna complicated hai.. iss sab ke beech mai, Mai nahi chahti ki ghar mai aur tanav bhade...
Badi Maa- hmm.. zaroor Abir ne tujhse baat ki hogi.. Abir bada suljha hua ladka hai. Usse aaj ki choti moti baato ko dabane ki ahmiyat pata hai aur bade baaton pe ladna bhi jaanta hai..
Mishti- yaha mai aapse advice maang rahi hoon aur aap hai ki Abir ka geet gaye jaa rahi hai. Actually you know what, I hate Abir, aap bas uska hi side leti hai.
Badi Maa- Arrey, toh voh bhi toh mera beta hai na..
Bade Papa enters- Toh hum toh aapke side hai na.
Mishti hugs her Bade Papa.
Bade Papa- Vaise bhi, Maa humesha Bete ki tarafdari karti hai, aur Beti apne pita ke aakho ka tara hoti hai.. tum humari aakhon ka taara hi nahi, humare jee ka tukra hoon.

Later Badi Maa explains the rituals of Gangaur to Mishti and Kuhu. She also explains that on Gangaur (tomorrow) they are supposed to wear new clothes which should be gifted to them by their husbands.

Mishti- But Maa, Abir aur Kunal ko toh iss bare mai kuch pata hi nahi hai. Aaj raat bhi ho gayi hai, toh phir kaise...

Kuhu- Yes Dadi, upar se Kunal ki choice mujhe bilkul nahi pasand, toh mai apni koi nayi dress pehen lu?

Badi Maa- Bilkul nahi! Maine Abir ko phone pe aaj subah hi bata diya tha, aur Abir aur Kunal tum dono ke liye gifts already kharid chuke hai.

Kuhu- Gifts? Yani multiple? Yani not just clothes?

Badi Maa- Vaise toh Gangaur pe kapdo ka taufa rasam hota hai, par shaadi ke baad pehle Gangaur pe ek aur gift toh banta hai na..

Mishti and Kuhu smile and eagerly await for the next day.

Note: Gangaur is a marwari ritual which worships Goddess Gauri and marks the start of spring. Women are generally given new clothes and gifts on this day and a lot of food items are made to break their fast at night. After the Puja in the morning women stand in the aangan at one spot hold a lota of water and make a huge circle of water around them while spinning. The width of the circle marks the width of the 'Ghagra' they demand from their husbands. While rituals differ in different regions this is generally a festival in which Gauri (Parvati) is celebrated and her characteristics, including being demanding from her husband (Shiva), are encouraged.