seventeen.

h.

"Don't be a knob yeh.'"

I shook my head at the dog sat in front of me, his tongue already hanging out of his mouth. He had no idea what I was saying and I knew that. I just needed him to be nice to Poppy and not take an active dislike towards her like he'd done with Niall.

But I mean that was warranted, Niall's an idiot.

"Oh my god look at that puppy!"

My eyes closed behind my sunglasses before I turned towards the voice I would recognise if I was blind and I smiled slightly at her, my eyes taking in the pair of shorts that were showing off far too much of her legs for me to be able to control myself and the black top that showed off her belly button.

But somehow still hung off her small body.

"Morning Harry." Poppy smiled brightly as she came to a stop in front of me and I nodded at her, the green straw she'd been clearly chewing was brought back to her mouth as he held out another take away cup towards me.

"Tea, black. I hope it's not too hot."

"Yeh' didn't have too." I shook my head as I raised the cup to my lips and swallowed a mouthful of the bitter liquid.

"I couldn't turn up with just my own drink."

Poppy shrugged before she turned towards Gatsby who'd run off the minute I'd taken my eyes off of him and was now rolling around in the grass.

"Gatsby, come here."

I called out for him, his movements stilling in the grass and I rolled my eyes; I'd asked him not to be a dick and here he was, being a dick.

"Gatsby!" I called again watching as he shot up off the ground and ran full speed towards us making me groan. "He gets excited on his walks."

I braced myself for the impact of a thirty kilogram dog to hit my legs only for it to never come as he spotted Poppy and made a beeline towards her and I watched as she held her hand out for him to sniff.

"Hi Gatsby, I'm Poppy."

I smiled to myself as Poppy spoke, Gatsby giving her hand a good sniff before she reached out to stroke him, the brown and black dog loving it immediately as he dropped to the ground and I rolled my eyes as Poppy made a big fuss of him and his stomach.

"You're a good boy. Did you know that?" Poppy laughed as she rubbed his belly, the thick tail thumping against the browning grass and I looked around.

"D'ya wanna walk?" I asked Poppy, her eyes flicking up to me from her crouched position and nodded and I tried not to think of all the other things she could be doing on her knees for me.

"Gatsby stop it." I muttered as Poppy stood back to her full height only to have him keep hitting her hand with his head.

"It's alright, he just wants some love." Poppy smiled as she patted his head before she tried to get him to run off as we walked.

"M'just happy he likes you."

Poppy looked up at me quickly before her eyes darted away and I watched her cheeks tint and I smirked to myself, still so easy.

"He bit Niall the first they met." I explained.

"Oh shit." Poppy laughed and I smiled as she held a hand to her mouth as she tried to pretend as if she wasn't laughing. "Was it bad?"

"Nah," I shook my head, "I think he was just excited. He barely had any training and he's just overexcitable and Niall was playing with him."

"I'm glad he likes me and hasn't bitten me," Poppy smiled, "He's very soft."