The funeral

Ian's POV
I was sitting there inside the funeral home, staring at the open casket in front of me, I couldn't believe it was her, the love of my life, the woman I was to be married to just a week ago. I hadn't gone up to the casket yet, they tell me she looks beautiful and at peace. a scarf had been placed around her neck to hide the wounds. how could anyone say she was beautiful while she is dead. I felt someone come sit beside me, but I couldn't care to look and see who it was. the person took my hand and held it tight, I knew then it was Ninas mom.
"I'm so sorry I couldn't protect her." I said.
"You did everything you could Ian, we all know that, Klarissa is a psychopath, she would have killed you too if you had been there."
"We don't know that, all this because she supposedly loved me, she killed my best friend, my fiancée and took my daughters mother away."
" I know honey, but you will do just fine, Niana has you, and us and all your friends."
"But she doesn't have a mother."
"Nina is watching over us baby, she is finally at peace and is no longer tormented by this girl, we have to believe God has a plan."
"Hard to believe there is a God that would take a mother from her child."
" Ian you need to go say goodby to nina, come on honey, I will go up with you, stand beside you." she pulled me up and lead me over to the casket.
Nina did look beautiful, despite how pale and cold she was. her makeup done as she would do it, next to nothing.
"I love you Nina, I miss you so much, how am I going to do this without you?" I held her hand and brought myself to kiss her forehead. I turned around and noticed everyone staring at me with a look of concern.
The priest came in and called us all to sit so we could start the ceremony.
It was all a blur and everyone spoke such kind words. they played Ed Sheerans "kiss me" as it was Ninas favourite song and was to be our first dance and husband and wife. I held my daughter close, and kissed her repeatedly. our life was to be so different now. but we would make it somehow.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Sorry chapter was so short just wanted to do a small chapter on the funeral. the next chapter will be longer and better :) please vote and comment.