Chapter two

Kionna P.O.V
_

I leaned my head back In my chair listening to my earbuds, not caring whose around me or whose trying to get my attention. I just kept thinking about that drive by that happened yesterday, how it was so unexpected. It shouldn't be unexpected cause it happens often here.

"Ki....ki....KIONNA!" I bounced forward sitting up straight in my chair, only to see one of my bestfriends jasmine. "Girl scoot over, I think I found my prom date!"

I sighed and took out my earbuds just to listen to whatever comes out her mouth. "Now I know you wouldn't expect this buuuuut, Savion is my prom date. Isn't that crazy?"

I have a scrunched up look on my face and stared at her dead in her face. Savion, the devil himself. A thug in the streets but a failing student. One of my most hated exes in my eyes, and she had the nerve to come tell me this bullshit. "Sooo you not gonna say anything? Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed..."

"It's just the fact that one of my best friends is going to prom with my ex." I sat back in my chair and turned around not facing her. She just stared at me with a blank look on her face, like she didn't know Savion was my ex. "But gone ahead."

"What's the big deal if y'all not together no more? Come on, be happy for me. I mean Atleast I came and told you sheesh." I waved her off signaling her to get away from me and this lunch table. She got up quick and stormed off to another table with her raggedy, ugly friends of hers.

I had the chance to put my earbuds back where they was and zoned out once again. All I'm wondering is what type of girl goes to prom with their bestfriend. I was deeply in love with that wanna be thug and she knew it too. A whole year gone and into the trash. Three months in I was happy until everything went left. Most of my fights I got in was because of him, I put a bad image on myself because of him.

The worst feeling right now is that I can see him staring at me from another table. He was surrounded with his homies, laughing with them nonstop. Who knows what they could be talking about. All I see at that table was a bunch of hoes. I prayed in my head that the lunch time would go quicker but it would go slower and slower.
_
Savion P.O.V

"I should go talk to her bro, she ain't doing nothin'." I said to my homeboy Jared. "Damn....She look good too."

"Go get your girl back." Jared patted my back and nodded his head at me. I smirked and instantly got up, I made my way to Kionna. On my way there, jasmine looked over at me from her table and gave me a flirtatious smile.

"Wassup shorty." That's the only thing I said to her. Jasmine was cute and all but she wasn't my type. She was so nosey and annoying, she didn't know how to shut the hell up sometimes. She was just another body to catch.

I finally made my way over to Kionna and gladly took a seat by her. She didn't pay me no mind at all, I know she got Atleast some type of love for me still. Man I know she do, I was the only nigga loved and I can guarantee that.

"Wassup ma." I leaned forward with my arm on the table to get a better look at her face. She didn't look mad or nothing, she always had that resting bitch face on her. She always came to school with a natural face, everyone else always had caked up makeup but Kionna...no. She didn't fuck with that makeup shit like the other girls here.

"So you not gonna acknowledge me? Not one bit huh?"

"I'm surprised you even know what that word means," She didn't even look at me when she said that. We made no type of eye contact whatsoever. "Anyways, why are you over here?"

"I'm guessing your mad cause your best friend told-" She snapped her head towards me with wide eyes.

"Boy I don't give a damn what she talking about. Fuck you and her, end of conversation." She scooted her chair back aggressively and quickly walk off. I got up and trailed behind her, catching up to her. It wasn't a big crowd of people standing around but Kionna was short. She's 5'3 and I'm 6'0, it wasn't hard to spot her at all.

I managed to grab a hold of her arm and bring her into a small space. "Savion stop touching me for real, ain't none of that." She smacked my hand away but I blocked her from going anywhere.

"Fiesty," I laughed. "I can't talk to you now?"

"You just want your dick wet, that's all." I mean half of it was true but I already had one chick this morning, so I'm good on that. "Now can you get the fuck out the way? Or do I gotta move you instead?"

Kionna was strong don't get me wrong  but her tiny ass wasn't gonna get me to move out her way. "Come over after school, I wanna talk." She raised an eyebrow and looked at me like I was stupid. "I'm serious, I just wanna have a nice conversation and just chill with you. I miss them days with you, ki."

"Whatever bro." I took that as a yes and I slowly moved out her way. She was calling me all types of names but I didn't care. She was coming over and that's all that mattered right now.
_

It is reported that there was a second drive by over by the barber and hair salon yesterday afternoon. Two men were injured and are being held at the hospital, one is critically injured. We are still trying to get the names of the victims......

Blowing out smoke, I chuckled at my tv screen shaking my head. "Lucky bitches." By this time around, I would be doing homework but I pay someone to do it for me. I don't got time for that lame shit. As long as I keep paying them, I'll graduate and I won't have to see them old ass teachers no more.

Jasmine
Heyyyy boo
-4:45

I rolled my eyes to the back until they couldn't go back anymore. This bitch been texting me since the morning, during class, and now when I'm at home. I stared at the message until my phone went into a black screen.

"Man where is this girl at?" I put out my blunt, stood up and went to the door to see if she was out there. Surprisingly, she was. Her car was parked in the drive way of my house. My mom out working for the night so I always have the house to myself after school. Besides, my momma loved Kionna she wouldn't mind her being here anyways.

Kionna slowly got out her car while casually just giggling on the phone with whoever. She had on some different this time. She wore grey joggers, a plain white half shirt, and white slides. The clothes hugged her body perfectly. I opened the door for her once she got up to the doorway.

Smiling, "Ok, I'll talk to you later. Bye." She hung up the phone and once she looked up at me her smile started to fade away slowly. "You gonna let me in or you just gonna stand there?"

"My bad, ma." I licked my lips and slowly moved out the way. She walked towards the family room while I shut the door behind me. "Come up to my room."

She groaned but she followed me up to my bedroom. I let her go in first, and all she did was sit on the edge of the bed. "Ahhh doesn't this place bring back memories?"

"Of what," she shrugged. "You taking my virginity..?"

"Can you not be so negative all the time?" I grabbed her small hands and lifted her up from the bed. "Can I get a lil suga?" I sung out.

"Can you get out my face?" She said I a squeaky tone, with her head crooked to the side. Just for that statement, I've gotten closer with barely any room between us. "Bitch, you're annoying."

Her soft palm shoved my face back, separating us apart. I heard a little buzzing noise that came from her purse. Nothing other than her phone.

"Who's that?"

"Someone you never met before."

"Who?"

"Yo' daddy." She had a smirk on her face from her little joke. Shit, she was right I didn't know who that nigga was.

"Ahhhh you got jokes?" She shrugged not paying me any attention but only her phone. "Yo' daddy in the same room with you right now."

She snapped her head up from her phone and gave me the most hated look. If looks could kill, I'd be dead right about now. "You smoking a blunt with me, I'm gonna get you right baby."
_

End of chapter Two...