Chapter V.i

After Jacob's practice, he decided to wait for Merida outside their classroom door. Peeking, he saw she was still packing when one of the guys approached her. He frowned, thinking his classmate, Leo might do something to her.

Surprised when Merida smiled at Leo. Are they friends? He asked in his thought.

Their talk wasn't long and Leo went his way to Jacob. Leo stopped walking in front of Jacob with both hands in his pocket.

"How was practice?" Leo asked him.

"Tiring as usual. What are you trying to do?" Something was telling Jacob that Leo has bad intentions towards Merida. It's not like the first time he'd do such things.

Leo laughed mockingly.

"You sure is something. No worries! I'm not on for miss ugly. She's nice by the way." After saying that Leo tapped Jacob's shoulder and left.

It didn't feel right, Jacob thought.

"Oh hey, Jacob!"

When he turned he saw Merida smiling at him. It made him smile. "May I walk you home?" He asked her.

Merida turned red almost immediately and shyly nodded.

•••

"So, how's school today?" Jacob asked.

"It's new. I met new yet old people today," Merida happily told Jacob.

Hmm, he's happy but somewhat not feeling good with thoughts that Merida is gaining friends. He kind of wants her to only be his. Possessive? What a big joke!

"Really? Who are they?" Jacob questioned as if he doesn't know who.

"Oh just two of our classmates, Lisa and Leo. And oh! I just realized their name both start with L." Merida laughed at that corny realization.

Jacob took Merida's hand all of a sudden, stopping her from moving away so much. "Your hand perfectly fits in mine."

Merida's face was burning red and she can't help but look the other way. "Everything is getting better with you by my side," she muttered.

Jacob stopped walking and pulled her for a tight hug. It's Leo's fault he's being paranoid.

Merida was shocked. "Uhm... Jay, people are staring at us," she whispered.

"Let them stare. We're not doing anything bad."

Yeah, they weren't doing anything bad but she was still ugly. People are staring and laughing in their heads asking why? Why Jacob chose to be with someone as ugly as her.

"How was practice?"

Jacob leaned back slightly to see Merida's face. "It was tiring. Will you be able to watch the game next week?"

"I'll try."

They continued to walk home. It isn't official that they are together. They just sound like they are but nobody said they were and she was too shy to ask him.

Merida then bid goodbye to Jacob once they were in front of her house.

It's a good day, she thought