I. lady lesso and II. clarissa

A/N: so this is the new collaboration since 1977 has died... enjoy.

I. lady lesso

Leonora Lesso was new to the job.

  The newest, actually.

  She was, among all the professors, the youngest. The one with the most to prove.

  "You don't belong here."

  An ugly man loomed behind her-

  A fingerglow. Her own fingerglow. And twin beams shot through him.

  She looked down at her finger, then at the man writhing on the floor. A cold, cold smile was curved on her lips.

  Coldhearted, they said.

  Well she would show them all.

  But...

  She turned to face her defender.

  The girl, the woman, was older than her. Perhaps twenty-seven to her twenty-two (talent, after all, was acknowledged), but still radiantly beautiful and peaceful and Good.

  "I apologize for Darian. My name is Clarissa Dovey. And you? The new Curses teacher?"

  Don't show emotion. Show no fear. Only then will you succeed, Leonora. Make me proud.

  Her mother's last words.

  So she ignored the kindness, and coolly extended a hand.

  "Lady Lesso. I have no first name."

  "It's nice to meet you," the pretty Professor said.

  Lesso nodded, curtly.

  As they touched, she felt a sort of spark in her soul. But it faded away, and was soon forgotten.

  The spark of alliance, of friendship.

  Forbidden.

  She was Lady Lesso of Evil.

  She- did- not- love.

-💜-

II. clarissa

Clarissa Dovey was interested in the new teacher. Very interested.

  She was quiet. Quietly cold, but still burning hot. Not burning, per se, though... the look on the Lady's face, it was smoldering, darkness lit by embers of a small, flickering flame.

  She dreamed of the pretty young lady. She was obsessed. It continued for the better part of six months after Lady Lesso's arrival, and she knew she was smitten.

  But Good couldn't love Evil. Evil couldn't love at all. And Girls couldn't love Girls.

  She tried to keep her interest down.

  So naturally, everyone in Good, and even the other new professor August Sader, knew.

  In fact she was sure at least Callis of Bloodbrook knew. The Evil teacher who wanted true love.

  She was pushed, one day, into Lady Lesso. As the two broke apart from the rather... shall we say, compromising, position, both were red-faced, Clarissa spluttering apologies.

  The two red spots on Lady Lesso's cheeks were endearing. It was the first emotion the young woman had shown.

  After the incident, Clarissa hung back.

  "Lady Lesso. I am, sorry, really-"

  "It's alright, Professor Dovey. Now if you will excuse me-"

  "Clarissa," she blurted.

  The Lady looked down at her feet, then up at Clarissa again. She was beautiful.

  "It's Clarissa to you."

  Lady Lesso smiled, rather shyly, and damn it if Clarissa didn't want to just kiss her, right there in the staff room-

  "Clarissa."

  And then she abruptly turned and left, leaving Clarissa standing there smiling like an idiot-

  A hairless little kitten scampered over, and its owner followed it.

  Callis of Bloodbrook smiled a secret little smile to the fairy godmother.

  "Well done, Dovey. Well done indeed."

  ...

  And so the day went on.

  All night long Professor Dovey tossed and turned in her sleep, dreaming of a pretty, deadly, loving woman saying her name.

  "Clarissa..."