Chapter Six: Rylee

Note: All characters and settings are purely fictional. If there are any similarities to real people or places, it is merely coincidental. The plot was written by me and not copied from any other writer.

"Run that pyramid again! Khloe can you give me more face when you're up there. Sidney, can you watch your toes? I need them pointed. Let's go, from the top!" Coach Lawson screams. I'm sweaty and panting but there is no time to think about the exhaustion. We have five minutes left before practice ends and Coach is still not happy with the pyramid. Her dissatisfaction means laps and I was not about to spend my night running laps.

I get into formation as soon as the music blasts. Cheering is my escape. When I'm on that mat, I'm in my zone. The adrenaline I get from stunts and pyramids is addicting. Usually, we are good with pyramids but tonight Coach has us adding an Inside hitch to our routine. It's a simple enough pyramid but with the new girls added to the team, Coach is feeling out the new flyers and top girls. I'm not usually a flyer unless necessary. I'm more of a tumbler kind of girl but I do what I can to help the team.

It takes about fifteen minutes to get the pyramid to the standard coach wants it. She dismisses us and as I'm about to grab my bag, I'm ambushed by Khloe, Destiny, and Mikah. Mikah is a flyer and junior like me. She's pretty, like long brown hair, hourglass figure, and a smile that belongs on a toothpaste commercial pretty. She's talented too and most likely to inherit Khloe's position next year. I don't have a lot of friends and Mikah is as close as it gets. We auditioned the same year and the rest is history.

"Spill the tea, Ry. Everyone is talking about how you and Mute Theo were eye-fucking each other in the halls today!" Destiny exclaims. Khloe and Mikah raise their eyebrows almost as if they'd rehearse the bit.

I laugh, "Nothing much. He just claimed me for the season."

"No freaking way! Theo? Theo Bradshaw?" Mikah yells.

Khloe squeals, "I smell double dates!"

Destiny pauses, "Wait, I thought two of you were enemies."

"Me too but he ritual me on Friday night at Tyler's," I spill. The girls looked way too excited. I was a bit worried about how they would receive it. Even I was struggling with the idea of it all.

"So, you fucked him yet?" Mikah pries. Destiny and Khloe perk their attention towards me. Suddenly, I feel a bit uncomfortable sharing intimate details of Theo and me.

"Wouldn't you like to know," a voice replies. The four of our heads pop up to see Theo standing there in his practice clothes and gym bag.

"Hey, Theo. What are you doing here?" Khloe asks. Destiny and Mikah use this chance to pick up their bags from the benches.

Theo smirks, "Came to pick up, Rylee. I'm dropping her home." Khloe gushes at his response and I don't blame her. I'm not certain if my knees are weak from the practice or Theo's ability to charm any girl's knees to the ground.

"Oh, Tatum is waiting for you by the parking lot, Khloe." Theo continued. Khloe rolls her eyes and begins complaining about how lazy Tatum was for not coming to get her as Theo did for me. Theo walks put to me and clasp my hand. His hands are bigger than mines but they're warm. I try to contain the shivers his touch sends down my spine but I'm in a losing battle.

"Ready?" The idea of him being next to me renders me speechless so I just nod and it's enough for him to walk us out of the gym and towards his car.

Riding in Theo's red Camaro reminds me of exactly how rich he and his family is. Not that I'm bothered by his wealth, it is just crazy to realize how different our worlds are. I'm not insanely rich like the Bradshaws but my parents work hard to make the honest livings they have now. We're not poor but we're not bathing in money either.

Theo lowers the music and stretches his hand out to clasp mines. It is the second time he's held my hand and it bothers me a bit. How is he so comfortable being this intimate after ignoring me for three years?

Theo parks the car a few blocks down from my house. I look to him but his lips crash to mines. He moves against me like he's playing a game. His lips nibble my bottom lip, pleading for access. I gasp at the feel of his hands on my waist and it's the opening he's been waiting on. His tongue plunges into my mouth and an array of tastes embrace my taste buds. It's so him. He doesn't allow me control. His tongue strokes mines, directing me, leading me, controlling me. It isn't long before he's kissing me in the direction to his seat. I want more. I want his hands everywhere. I want his lips everywhere.

As if hearing my thoughts, Theo pulls away. His eyes are dripping with lust and his protruding pants were enough indication. The idea that I turned on Theo Bradshaw made me even more aroused.

"You're going to kill me with those lips, Rylee." He closed his eyes and sighed. He was trying to cool down but part of me didn't want him to. A small part of me wants him to keep touching me. But, that was only a small part. There were so many questions I wanted to ask.

"Theo, can I ask you-" I started but Theo shook his head. He gripped the wheel and shook his head.

"You don't get to ask why Rylee. Or what. Not after everything. It's just for the season. Just let this happen, okay?"

I fiddled with my bag strap. So, things weren't good with us and I couldn't ask why. But what choice did I have besides following through with this situation? The school would be mad if I didn't honor the stupid tradition. God forbid the school loses a game, everyone would blame me. He was holding the cards and I was just playing the game he directed.

He turned my head to him, "Forget all that. Just focus on this. Focus on how I make you feel because I plan to make you feel good, Rylee."

"Do I make you feel good?" I whisper. It was a moment of weakness but I needed to know if I hand any shot of restoring things with Theo after this arrangement.

He brushes my cheeks, "You have no idea."

At that moment, I realized I had entered into a playing field I was not prepared to handle. Theo Bradshaw was one thing as an enemy but he something dangerous sitting in his car staring at me like I was the sexiest girl alive to him. He was no longer a silent predator. He was a lust induced man ready to savage his prey and that prey was me. I'm so fucked.