Chapter 36

After Charlie came back she walked into the lobby to see Al and Alastor talking, well, more like beginning a conversation.

Being the kind demon she is, she turned around and left to go find Vaggie. She wasn't about to barge in and ruin what peace they had, or peace they were beginning to lose..

"I'm only asking, what did you tell her?" Alastor asked, his smile tight.

Al sighed, for what seemed like the millionth time. "Shouldn't we talk about this somewhere more private?" The human raised a hand to gesture around him. "Not the fucking lobby?"

Alastor pushed his head back quickly, in surprise by his own selfs words. Did he just curse?

The Radio Demon pursed his lips in disgust.

She tainted his language.

Alastor nodded and snapped his fingers, appearing in his office. There was a big wooden desk at the back, an office chair behind it and a small chair in front of the desk.

Book shelves were beside the desk along with file cabinets.

Two windows were on the left side of the room, red light leaking in.

Al took a deep breath.

It smelled like blood and deer..

Alastor waltzed around the desk and sat in his chair, crossing his legs and looking at Al. "Need an invitation?" He smirked at the human.

Al rolled his eyes and sat down in front of the deer, hands folded on his lap.

"So, what did you tell Y/N about my mother?" Alastor asked, in honesty he was losing patience fast but he wouldn't lose his cool for a mortal. Even if it's himself.

"Our mother." Al corrected while glaring at the deer.

"Yes, our mother. What did you tell Y/N about her?"

Al grumbled and said, "I didn't tell her our whole life story, just how mother died. That we killed her." His heart aching at the last sentence.

Alastor let out a white noise and twitched. Why would he tell her that of all things? The Radio Demons thoughts flew out of his mouth.

"Why did you tell her that? Did she force you to?"

Al's eyes widened, he was offended. "Force me? I'll have you know that that little lady mentally helped me so much on Earth, and her actions followed into Hell.

She cares for me, despite having so many things on her plate! I don't even deserve her love nor worry!

I TRUST HER ENOUGH TO TELL HER THINGS, THINGS LIKE THIS! BECAUSE IT'S MY DEBT TO!

IT'S A WAY OF BECOMING CLOSER! TELLING EACH OTHER THINGS! PERSONAL THINGS!

DON'T YOU THINK MY GUILT HAS EATEN AWAY AT ME ALREADY?! I SHOULD JUMP OFF A CLIFF FOR HOW I TALKED TO Y/N! MORE SO OF HOW I STABBED HER! ALL BECAUSE I COULDN'T DEAL WITH SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS HEARTBREAK!"

Al had his hands clenched into fists at his side. He wanted to cry, but he held himself back to. Like always, he should just smile.