His Family

"I think you and Zoe will get on. You'll love the kids too. They're amazing"
Joe smiled putting his hand onto his girlfriends thigh. He was taking dianne his girlfriend of 5 months to meet his sister. She had already met some of his family like his mum, dad and grandparents but she hadn't met joes only sibling Zoe. Zoe was 30 and dianne was 28, so the age difference between them wasn't much. Zoe was engaged to her boyfriend Alfie. They had been together 8 years and had 3 beautiful children together. The eldest was Harrison and he was 6. He was not a mistake, but definitely a surprise. Two years later, Zoe had another boy who she called Jack and then very recently Zoe had a baby girl. She was only a month old and was called iris. Joe met iris once, when she was 3 days old in the hospital and she was the cutest little baby he had ever seen.

"what are the kids names again? I don't want to get it mixed up"
She smiled nervously.

"Harrison, he's the oldest. Then Jack, he's the really little one. Then baby iris, she's a month old. They're all so cute, you'll absolutely love them all. "
He said

"awww cute."
Dianne said quietly

"are you alright? You've gone quiet."
Joe asked her

"yeah, I'm just scared to meet the kids."
She told him sitting on her hands. She wasn't scared about meeting his sister or Alfie, it was just the kids which she was worried about. Joe knew this wasn't very like her because he had seen her wirh kids and she loved them and kids loved her.

" why are you scared dot? You love kids"
Joe asked

"because kids are tough joe. If they don't like me they won't be scared to say it to my face. I don't want to get the boys mixed up and I don't want to drop Iris. And they're the only kids in your life joe. Knowing you, until you have your own kids you'll have them round yours all the time and be constantly spoiling them. "
Dianne explained to him

" alright dotty, don't be scared. Harrison and Jack are so different that you won't get them mixed up. Your so gentle wirh babies, I know you won't drop Iris. And yeah I do spoil them. Me and the boys are pretty close, so if they know I love you, they'll love you too "
He told her

Another ten minutes down the road and they pulled up to zoes big house in Brighton. Joe stopped the car and got out going round to diannes side and helping her out. He cared for her so much, and really did love her. He took her hand walking up to zoes, and knocking the door. He could already hear the kids screaming and running shout, also hearing Alfie telling them off for screaming. Zoe then opened the door, struggling with iris in her arms.

"zo, how are ya?"
Joe said hugging her with one arm being careful of iris.

"good broseph. Hi dianne, it's so good to finally meet you"
She smiled hugging dianne. Dianne jsut smiled and said

"it's nice to meet you too Zoe"
She then stood back but Joe took her hand and took her into zoes big house. They walked through and then soon a little boy was running up to joe, wrapping his arms.

"uncle Joe"
The little boy screamed looking to his uncle.

"hey buddy"
Joe patted his head. Joe always had a very close relationship with both of his nephews. From a very young age, both Harrison and Jack were always staying round his house and Joe would always take them on days out to give his sister a break because when she first became a mum she really struggled. He still did it to this day, especially when Zoe was pregnant. Since he met dianne, he hadn't really seen them much since he was always with her at her house on the other side of London.

"uncle Joe, who's this?"
The little boy asked

"this Is dianne, she's my girlfriend. Do you want to say hello to her?"
Joe replied