17

3rd Person POV

After a few hours of reconnecting with one another, Brendon had completely forgotten that Faelecia was engaged, until her phone started to ring. 

"Brendon, sweetie, I'm in the bathroom, could you get that for me please?" His hand hovered over the phone, reading the caller ID. His eyes widened once he realized that he forgot to go through her phone.  

"Who is it?" She yelled through the walls. He panicked, trying to find an excuse off of the top of his head.

"Oh, it's just a... a spam number! I'll answer it though, don't worry." He accepted the call and stepped out on the patio, trying to disguise his voice.

"Ello there!" He cheered in a posh British accent. I guess I'm going with English then, he thought to himself. The other line remained silent for a moment. 

"Who is this? Where's Faelecia?" He groaned when her name was mentioned. How was he going to lie to her fiancé? 

"Umm, I'm not entirely sure who you're talking about, lad, I've never heard of a Faelecia in my life." His accent was totally fake, but John had yet to comment on it. 

"This is her phone, now you tell me who the fuck you are before I call the cops on you!" He threatened, but Brendon only mocked him. 

"Trust me, I don't know who you're talking about, but I can tell you this: if you mess with me, it won't be a cup of tea!" John sighed on the other line as Brendon paced around nervously.

"I've got all the information I need. I know where she is right with the find my iPhone, no matter where you run, I'll know!" He fumed. Brendonhung up the phone and immediately whipped it towards the garage, watching as it smashed into pieces. 

"Oh, shit..." he started looking all around him, trying to think of an excuse as to why Faelecia's phone was smashed. When he turned around, he found her walking around the kitchen, trying to find him. 

"Oh, hey baby, you will never believe what just happened!" He chuckled, rubbing a hand across his forehead. She peeked outside, then smiled.

"What, what happened?" She giggled. Brendon could just scoop her up and kiss her right then and there. 

"So I got off the phone with the spam caller- they were talking about a free cruise that you had won- and then I put the phone on the railing of the deck and a big ass crow came and picked it up! So I was yelling at the crow to drop it and he dropped it right by the garage." He toyed with the collar of his sweater, just now realizing how stupid his excuse sounded. There's no way she was going to believe it. 

"Well shit, I'm gonna need a new phone..." apparently messing with someone's mind made them kinda dull, "that sucks. And I don't even have the money to buy it since I'm jobless!"

"Don't worry baby, I'll buy you a new one!" She smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. She squeezed him and let go, wrapping her hand around his. 

"Come on, let's go lay down, I'm cold." Brendon removed his sweater, causing his shirt to go up his chest with him. Her eyes glazed his torso as he handed her the sweater. She blushed and threw the large hoodie over her body. He grabbed her hand and led her to the bedroom, laying down beside each other. His arms wrapped around her waist as they tangled their legs together, taking a moment to admire the other. He hummed softly in her ear, losing track of time as she slowly began to close her eyes. He drew circles on her waist with his fingertips while she slowly began to doze off. Brendon himself was about to fall asleep until he heard a loud slam on the door. They both jumped and Brendon quietly cursed under his breath.