Day 3 part 1

Autumn's POV

I was too shocked and scared to be confused at Leo's reaction too. So I thought later I would ask him.
She looked down at me as if towering over me to show that she has more power of me even though we were roughly the same height. She hasn't changed one bit, not even the scowl that rests on her face as moved an inch since I last met her. Her brown hair tied in a tight bun so her full ugly face is in view. I wanted to scream and run but I couldn't. I couldn't bring myself to move. All the memories came rushing back and I could feel the pain she brought me as if it was yesterday. My body tingled and turned cold also remembering the memories of her torture but that's a story for another time.

Her eyes were finally directed towards Leo and away from me. The breath I held in was finally let out but that doesn't mean my heart rate slowed one bit. But looking at Leo now, I felt terrible and wanted to erase that pain from him by letting her direct her gaze back to me but I couldn't.
Leo looked scared out of his mind with tears in his eyes but not daring to let them spill in front of her. He was shaking uncontrollably with fear and he looked on the verge of having a panic attack. I've never seen him like this. Never would I have thought he would afraid of a person like he is now. But I guess everyone has their weaknesses.
I felt so useless and I didn't know what to do. I don't even know why I felt this bad, I was supposed to hate him for the pain he brought me and be happy he's getting it in return by the most feared women I know. But it wasn't even fair to call her a women because she was more of a monster.

'So the Diablo is back I see.' She sneers at Leo. I gasp at the name. How dare she call him the devil, she has no right, if anything she is the devil.
I hear Leo's whimpers as he can't say a single word. He seemed powerless and frozen just like I was a few seconds ago from her gaze.
'What have I taught you. Never cry because it will show weakness that a man can't afford. But you were always weak and were never going to be a man. Not after what you've done to MY SISTER.' She shouts and spits in Leo's face.
'It wasn't my fault, I didn't mean to I'm sorry.' Leo defended but he sounded like he didn't even believe himself. As he kept repeating it as if he was trying to convince himself that it was the truth. I may not know what happened but I'm sure Leo would've never done anything wrong especially if Aunt Rosa is involved. Leo sacrificed himself to save the world. I may have said I didn't believe that, but it was a lie. I was too caught up in my hatred towards him to fuel his ego.

'Oh are you sure. I don't think the cops agree with that. They have been searching for the murderer of my sister and how lucky am I to find him right here outside my house.' She whispers the last part and I am in complete shock. Leo's wanted for the murder of his mother. There has to more to the story as I always know never to jump to conclusions because it can always be a miscommunication. Wait. I knew this places looked familiar. I should've realised it sooner and maybe we wouldn't be in this mess. I feel like this is my fault now.

All my fear turned to rage as she insults Leo with these fake statements about him. I muster all my courage to finally stand up to this son of a bitch.
'STOP' I shout at the top of my lungs.
'You have no right to say that to him, you have no idea the heroic things he's accomplished while you rot in that same house with no accomplishments or any social life so instead you put us down and torture us.' After all these years I had finally stood up to her and I can't tell you how much relief and joy that made me feel. I feel like a ton of weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
I stare at her with my cold eyes and hold her gaze to show that I'm not backing down and I will defend myself this time. No more running away from my problems. I notice the look of surprise on Leo's face from my outburst and it seems that he's thankful, but I also don't miss the shock on Aunt Rosas face. It was priceless.

But every good moment has to end. As soon as she recovers from her shock her face turns to pure rage as she is solely focused on me now. Feeling the heat of the gaze I shrink back as I'm sacred for what's about to happen in the next few seconds.
'I see you've gained some courage Autumn. I'd thought you would learn to never challenge me after the beatings I gave you but I guess you need a little reminder of what happens when you disrespect an adult.'