☁︎︎ 𝕤𝕡𝕒𝕔𝕖 𝕤𝕢𝕦𝕚𝕕𝕤 ☁︎︎

"L/N. L/N!"

"Huh?" You said dazedly, dream bubble popping. Uraraka was gently shaking your shoulder, holding out a piece of paper to you.

"We're doing the Battle Trial now. You're on Team B."

You smiled gratefully at the round-cheeked girl, taking the slip of paper from her.

"Team B: Shouto Todoroki and Y/N L/N versus Mashirao Ojiro and Toru Hagakure!" All Might shouted, his usual wide smile on his face. You tilted your head, a mildly confused look on your face.

"Who?"

"That would be me."

  You turned around to see a handsome boy with teal and gray heterochromatic eyes and red and white hair staring blankly at you. You gave him a friendly smile, extending your hand.

  "Nice to meet you, Todoroki. I'm Y/N L/N, but you can call me Snail."

  "I don't do introductions." Todoroki said bluntly, hands not leaving his sides. "And why Snail? That has nothing to do with your name or your quirk."

  "I just really like snails!" You giggled, eyes sparkling. "Don't you?"

  Todoroki was slightly taken aback, but quickly composed himself, shaking his head.

  "I'm more of a cat person, myself."

  "Aah, well, everyone's entitled to their own opinions." You sighed, slightly disappointed that no one shared the same interest in snails as you did. Todoroki stared down at you, mildly amused.

  "Are you pouting over me not liking snails?"

  "No." You mumbled, crossing your arms. He blinked, surprised, until you gave him a teasing smile. "Hehe, I got you."

Todoroki smiled a bit, and sat down next to you as you watched the first battle trial take place. After a bit, you got bored, your mind wandering.

'I wonder what's really out there in space. Like, are there actually aliens or just little space squids floating around? That'd be cool. Space squids-'

"L/N." Todoroki said, interrupting your thoughts. "It's our turn now."

You blinked, surprised. "Oh, already? Then let's go!"

You didn't even notice the expressions on your classmates' faces, and didn't notice an emotionless Bakugo walking in.

  You walked with Todoroki to Battle Building B, humming cheerily. He stared at you the whole way there, trying to figure you out. Two words came to mind when he first heard your name: airhead and weird. As you two entered the building, you turned to Todoroki, smiling widely.

"Aight, listen. I have the perfect plan. I might not seem like it, but I'm actually kinda smart. Sometimes."

Todoroki raised a brow, but nevertheless waited for you to recite your plan.

"Okay, so, you have a pretty good idea of how my quirk works, right? When I give you the signal, you cover your nose and mouth so I can gas them. Then, I'll leave the building and you can freeze them in case they get to the bomb!" You said, eyes sparkling. "And then, I can go eat my rice!"

Todoroki chuckled slightly, nodding. "Alright. Then let's begin."

You nodded back at him, then froze, hearing small pattering footsteps approaching. You frowned, glancing at Todoroki and mouthing for him to cover his nose. Todoroki did so, taking in a sharp inhale to conserve oxygen. You felt it was safe enough, and began to let your F/C gas seep from your body. You felt a taut pull on your strings and grinned, flicking your finger towards you. You heard the sound of a girl gasping, and suddenly felt a presence in front of you.

"Hi! No hard feelings for this, right?" You chirped, tilting your head.

"Y-yeah!" The invisible girl, Hagakure, said. You smiled at her, then turned your head to Todoroki.

"You can freeze the place, now."

Todoroki nodded as you cut the strings controlling Hagakure, and you swiftly jumped out of the window and landed on the ground.

"Ten out of ten landing, Y/N." You giggled to yourself, feeling a cold arctic wind from behind you. You turned around, watching as the building froze.

'Man, I could really go for some ice cream right now. I wonder if they sell any at the cafeteria? Frozen yogurt sounds good, too...nah, I'm more of in a popsicle mood, to be honest. I wonder if Bakugo, Kirishima, Todoroki, Midoriya, Uraraka, and Hagakure want one too? Screw it, I'll get some for the whole class. Even Mr. Aizawa and All Might.'

"We won."

You were snapped out of your hungry thoughts by Todoroki's cold hand on your shoulder. You looked up at the building, which now had melted ice surrounding it. You looked back at Todoroki and grinned, eyes closing.

"That's great! You wanna help me get some popsicles for our classmates? I was originally gonna just get one for myself, but I figured, 'ah, what the hell', and now I want everyone to have one since they're all doing their best!"

Todoroki looked down at you, smiling softly. You were really an enigma.

"Sure."