Lýkos Fengári

It was nearly a fortnight after his argument with Eddie when Jason entered his office carrying what appeared to be an old scroll.

'What's that?' Asked Nathaniel confused.

'I don't know, it's addressed to you.'

Sure enough the scroll had his name written next to the great wax seal, Nate leaned closer to examine it, it seemed to be a wolf, curled in on itself in a ball surrounded by stars.

Carefully breaking it he began to read. He got more incredulous as he went along.

Once he'd read it again for a second time he leaned back in his chair.

Eddie. 

Well, he had more brains than Nathaniel had given him credit for.

'She'll never leave this fucking house again!' That's what he'd said. Well, it looked like Eddie was set to make him eat those words.

'So what is it?' Jason asked curious.

'Eddie, has set a date for Lýkos Fengári, it's to be held in a weeks time.'

'Lýkos Fengári? Wait, in a week?'

Lýkos Fengári was a sacred festival held by all Werewolf communities. On the night of Lýkos Fengári, all packs within the colony would gather at their ancestral site under the light of a Blood Moon, where they would mingle, share food and fire and companionship for 3 nights until the sun rose on the third morning.

Attending Lýkos Fengári was one of the most basic requirements of a werewolf and invitation was even extended to Rogues. 

Violence of any kind was strictly forbidden. It was their greatest Taboo. Any wolf who shed blood during Lýkos Fengári was shunned and cursed for the remainder of their days. It was even forbidden to harm a Wolf travelling to, or from the festival, or to attack a packs home whilst they attended.

All werewolves were required to attend provided they were strong enough to make the journey. 

Nearly 40 packs made up their Colony, and the date of Lýkos Fengári was decided by the oldest Alpha among them which was currently.... Eddie.

Eddie hated Lýkos Fengári. He had frequently told Nathaniel he thought it was a waste of time and money and he'd been putting it off for years.

The problem was it had to be held at least once every 14 years. Other than that, the oldest Alpha could hold it whenever he pleased providing there was a Blood Moon. The lunar eclipse did not have to be complete so the Alpha could hold it a few times a year if he wanted.

Eddie did not want.

He took on control of it when Alpha Frankie retired seven years ago, leaving Eddie as the eldest Alpha in the Colony, technically he had another three years before the ceremony was due and he'd always said he'd leave it as late as possible.

Apparently not.

Nate had always agreed with Eddie's reluctance. The logistics of transporting 38 packs to a remote cliff by the sea were near impossible.

Usually you got plenty of warning, lots of time to prepare. This time?

A week. A Fucking Week?

 Nate felt sick at the thought. No time to waste though, there was three months of work to complete. In a week.

----

Ophelia strained under the weight of the food trunk.

Georgia had the other end and she was cursing as they hauled it outside to the waiting van.