❥Chapter 23

You turned to Aiden who looked just as confused when he saw Helen walk off, "what happened?" He asks.

"I don't know." You respond, you frowned a little then look at Aiden in the eye, "did something happen between you two?" You ask.

Aiden quickly shakes his head, "no, I barely talk to him." He says as he shrugs.

You two started to walk together then you quickly realized, "so you guys have talked before then?" You ask, as you picked on him saying that he barely speaks to him.

"Well..." Aiden trails off a bit and looks to the side, "I've only done it as in small favors, like passing notes or if I've missed anything in class, or things that Tom told me to give to him."

That's when you come to a quick stop, Aiden realized as he stopped walking for a few seconds and turned to you with a puzzled face, he tilted his head wondering why you came to a complete stop. "Aiden... did you ever see what were on those notes?" You ask, your eyes widening a bit as you stared at Aiden waiting anxiously for an answer.

"No... I can't really bring myself to look at those notes. It feels like I would be too nosy." He says as he scratches his head, but he was still confused, "why do you ask?"

"Aiden," you say with a serious tone, "have you ever thought that Tom might have said something about you to Helen? Maybe that's why he's looking at you that way?" You ask again, walking closer to Aiden as you stared at him.

Your eyes seemed to be intimidating him a bit, he looked nervous, his eyes looking to the side, "I don't know... I just give out the notes."

"Aiden, listen to me." Your grip tightens on Aiden's shoulders which made him jump and stare at you in shock, "the reason Tom isn't talking to you anymore is because he knows what he did, he has been talking all this stuff about you behind your back!" You yell out, your patience with Aiden's obliviousness slowly running out. "Can't you see he was literally using you? You are so blind!"

Aiden quickly backs away, your hands letting go of his shoulders, his eyes furrowed as he looked at you, his whole face showing how offended he was at what you just said, he looked hurt, "there is no need to call me blind cause I'm not." He says softly, "why are you being like this now? I get Tom stopped talking to us, there must be another reason—"

You quickly scoff interrupting him, "stop trying to find excuses to defend his reasons, Aiden. You're always behind on stuff, you're always trying to somehow find something to defend Tom, at this point you're just scared to let go of him." You say, you started to feel bad at what you were saying but it was too late, and at this point you couldn't stop. "You might have said that Tom's behavior was weird, you even said Helen would never be the type to steal but that was the only thing I ever heard from you, and since then you haven't said anything about Helen."

"Cause it's none of my business! Look, Tom might be mad at me right now, but that's how friends are—!"

He once again gets interrupted as you abruptly let out a laugh in disbelief, "I'm not gonna talk to you again, I've had enough and it's impossible to change your mind, we're done here Aiden." You walk away, not wanting to hear Aiden's words anymore.

After all this time, after Aiden agreed with you that Tom's behavior was weird, he still kept on following him, he was just a lost puppy.

You decided to walk away from him and head home, you couldn't believe Aiden, you even started to think that Aiden was pretending to be the victim and is just helping Tom out. You had enough of this.

You open the door abruptly, startling your mom who was busy on papers, this time instead of going back to her work she gets up from her seat and takes a look at you, "(Y/n), what's wrong?" She asks worried.

"It's nothing mom, sorry for scaring you." You say as you try to go to your room but she stops you quickly as she takes a look at you.

"Come here, I know you don't want to talk about it, but at least let me make your favorite plate so you can calm down a little how about that?" She asks as she cups your cheek with her hand.

You smile a little and you nod, you proceed to take a seat and wait patiently at the table as she made you food. Your mind starting to focus on something else, on someone.

If anything you were more worried about Helen now, your brows furrowing at the thought of Tom doing something else, what his plan might be and when will Ban stop harassing Helen.

"Here you go, dear." You felt time pass by quick as the delicious smell of your favorite food finally hits your nose, you were so deep in your thoughts that you didn't realize food was ready. "If you need anything else I'll be in my room, alright?" Your mom smiles at you before leaving the kitchen.

You breathe in deeply as you finally feel like your head cleared a little, you finally take a spoonful of your food, the taste slowly melting in your mouth.

It was nice to have some time for yourself, you felt at peace for once, it's like you never moved in the first place and just having some sweet alone time. But the thought of Helen was coming back to you, what if he wanted to come over and try your mom's food? You were sure Helen would be treated so nicely by her.

You wanted him here, and the thought of it made your cheeks warm a little, you quickly shake it off as you kept eating your food before it went cold.

"Maybe I could ask mom if she could make something for him..."