Chapter 30

Emily's POV

"OK. OK. I will not disrespect your beloved husband." She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

I sighed, annoyed and grabbed my phone and bag. "Well, I have to go. Cody and I are going to his parent's house for dinner. So I need to get ready." I informed as I stood up. "See you." I added.

"See you." She said. Then I left quickly. I didn't want to listen to her disrespecting Cody anymore. It made me annoyed. Yes, I knew what happened between them, and how Cody acted in the past, but now he was my husband, and she should try not to disrespect him in front of me.

****

I was in Cody's car while he was driving in an awkward silence. Every time our eyes met, he instantly averted his gaze uncomfortably. It started annoying me. If I didn't know him, I would have thought he was being shy beside me after our night together.

A few minutes later, we finally arrived. After getting out of the car, Cody placed his hand on my lower back, leading us towards the door. When we walked in, his parents, Tristan and Mila were already in the living room. Once we greeted each other, we started having dinner.

"Don't add too much. It is so bitter. You don't like too much bitter taste in your meal." Cody warned me as I wanted to try the sauce.

"Oh." I pulled my hand away as I gave him a grateful smile.

"Try this." He suggested as he pointed to another sauce.

His mother gave his father a knowing look. His father smiled in satisfaction. Tristan pursed his lips together in amusement, looking at Cody. Cody gave him a dirty look. I didn't understand what was going on between them. It felt like a secret family joke or something like this.

"Ok. Thanks." I smiled as I tried the sauce he suggested.

After dinner, we spent some time in the mansion. Cody said he was so tired. So we left early. After another silent car ride, we arrived at our home. As soon as we walked into the mansion, he went to bed.

****

I breathed deeply and closed the file in front me in annoyance as I couldn't concentrate on my paperwork. My mind was so preoccupied by the devilishly handsome jerk. We hadn't talked since last night. He had left the mansion before I woke up. I ruffled my hair, sighing and looked at my watch. It was late. I grabbed my bag as I stood up and left my office.

When I walked into the living room, Cody was here. He was playing a game on the PlayStation.

"Good evening." I greeted him as I placed my bag in the armchair.

"Good evening." He said, giving me a slight smile without looking at me in the eyes and focused on his game again, moving his gaze towards the TV.

I sighed and sat down beside him on the couch. I started watching the game. I hadn't played video games since my childhood. As he noticed me watching the game, he extended another console towards me.

"Would you like to play with me?" He asked, giving me his charming smile.

I looked at him, surprised, not because of his suggestion; it was the first time after that night he formed a long sentence while looking at me without acting strange.

"Yes." I replied, giving him a warm smile as I took the console. Then we started playing.

"Be careful. I am the best in this game." He commented arrogantly and winked at me.

I raised my eyebrow at him and said, giving him a sly grin. "We will see."

He set the game for two players, and we started playing.

"I won!" I exclaimed cheerfully as I killed his character in the game.

"Fuck!" He cursed angrily. "Let's play one more time." He suggested.

"No. Just accept; you lost." I stated, giving him a victorious smirk and pulled my tongue out at him.

"OK. OK." He mumbled, rolling his eyes and breathed deeply in annoyance.

"Did you get upset?" I asked, smirking and pinched his cheek playfully.

"No." He pouted and pulled his head away as he placed his console on the center table angrily.

I burst out laughing. He looked like a child. Cute little boy.

"Stop laughing!" He demanded, giving me a dirty look.

"If I don't." I said, giving him a sly smile.

He raised his eyebrow. A wolfish grin appeared on his face, and he suddenly started tickling me.

"No! No!... Please, stop..." I begged, giggling.

He smirked at me without stopping to tickle me as he trapped me under him. I squirmed under him, trying to escape from him. As I managed to push him, I attempted to tickle him. He instantly grabbed my wrists and held them above my head, smirking arrogantly.

"You naughty girl!" He exclaimed, smirking mischievously while looking into my eyes.

There were a few inches between our lips. I bit my lower lip nervously while losing myself in his crystal blue eyes. His eyes darkened as he looked at my lips. In a second, he smashed his lips against mine.

He released my wrists and roamed my body with his hands while kissing me in a fierce kiss. I ran my hands through his hair while our tongues were fighting for dominance. He slipped his hand under my blouse, caressing my skin. I arched my back in sensation. Every place on my body he had touched was burning. I moaned as he pulled my lower lip between his teeth and pressed his hard bulge against my stomach. I wrapped my legs around him, pressing him against me more. He groaned, squeezing my breast.

"Cody." I moaned, arching my back.

"I want you." He stated hoarsely as he cupped my cheek, looking into my eyes, full of desire in his eyes.

"Won't you regret it?" I asked anxiously and pursed my lips together, waiting for his answer.

"No, if you don't. I just want you to be happy." He replied honestly, looking into my eyes and stroked my cheek gently.

I smiled as happiness filled my heart. Without waiting for a second, I placed my hand on the back of his neck, pulling him towards me and brushed my lips against his.

When I woke up the following morning, I was in Cody's arms on the bed while he was sleeping peacefully. Last night was mind-blowing. I bit my lower lip, blushing as the scenes from yesterday flashed in my mind one by one. I still felt his trace all over my body. I smiled happily and stroked his cheek gently. Then I placed a soft kiss on his lips and grabbed his arm, pulling it away.

"Where are you going, wifey?" He asked huskily with his sexy voice as he tightened his grip around my waist, pulling me closer to him and opened his eyes.

"To the bathroom." I replied after he had kissed my lips.

"Without me?" He asked seductively as he placed a soft kiss on my neck.

"Cody..." I mumbled in sensation as he pulled my earlobe between his teeth.

He got up and ran his hand through his messy hair while I was staring at his proud member. He gave me a cocky smirk as he caught me staring at his manhood. Instantly, he grabbed my arm and threw me over his shoulder.

"Cody! What are you doing? Put me down!" I demanded, squirming.

"I will. But in the bathroom. Because I plan to make you scream my name loud like last night, wifey." He stated arrogantly as he slapped my butt playfully, making me gasp and carried me towards the bathroom.