Lets be alone together

I don't know where you're going, but do you got room for one more troubled soul?

"You were way more fun to play 1 v 1 with when you'd let me score." Melody crossed her arms petulantly. Hope popped back up from where she had made the save.

"I don't let you score."

"My point still stands." Melody's eyes narrowed that much more.

Hope rolled her eyes playfully.

"Clearly you're still good at this so come back to me." Melody walked closer to her girlfriend slowly. Her face morphing from mildly annoyed to optimistic.

"I always come back to you." Hope said seriously. Melody's breath hitched. Hope was avoiding the topic and it almost worked.

"I know that. I mean come back to the team. I miss you." Melody was standing directly in front of Hope now. Her arms still crossed over her chest but her face much softer.

"How could you possibly miss me? We live in the same house." Hope tucked the soccer ball under her arm, and placed the opposite hand on her hip.

"That's a moot point. You're deflecting. Stop it." Okay, now Melody is glaring again.

Hope threw her head back in annoyance. Melody was a very stubborn and determined individual when she wanted to be. It was almost impossible for Hope to get away with things.

"Don't you at the very least want a retirement game?"

Hope thought about her answer for all of three seconds, "Not particularly, no."

Melody glared at her girlfriend for a minute. She was very clearly on the verge of stomping her foot.

"Come on." She grabbed a hold of Hope's hand and started pulling her toward her range rover.

"Where are we going?" Hope more or less let herself be pulled. She's sure if she stopped allowing it Melody would somehow get her to do what she wanted some other way.

"To get tattoos."

"What? Why?"

"Because I know the only way you'll explain to me what your problem is, is if you're distracted by pain."

"And where did you ever get that impression?"

Melody rolled her eyes, "I know you better than you know yourself."

Hope stopped once they reach the car. She looked at Melody with a surprisingly soft look.

"You do, don't you?" Melody rocked up onto her tip toes to place a soft kiss on Hope's cheek.

"I do. Now, stop stalling and get in the car."

Hope huffed, but did as she was told, "Why am I driving? You're the one with the master plan."

"One, it's your car, two, you know I hate driving."

Hope did know how much Melody hated driving. It was one of the reasons why as soon as she could Melody more or less moved herself into Hope's house.

"Maybe I want to be chauffeured around for once."

"And maybe I want you to tell me why you don't want your job back without me having to pry it out of you."

Well that escalated quicker than Hope would have liked.

Hope leant back in her seat with the force of her sigh. She stared at the ceiling of her car.

"I just don't feel the need to come back. I don't feel like I have unfinished business. I don't feel needed nor do I feel wanted."

Melody grabbed Hope's hand and began to fiddle with her fingers, "I need you. I want you."