V

And then there was darkness.

Darkness was suffocating their bodies like a damp, musty, thick blanket, clinging to every inch of their bruised skin. (Y/N) had slowly opened her (E/C) eyes and started to gently touch the cold floor around her, checking her mobility. She had enough chakra to be alive, yet her she struggled to move her legs. Even when she managed to, they wouldn't move accordingly. Her body seemed to be almost fully paralyzed. In that moment her whole world could have been blown away in a storm, but the only thing she'd worry about would be the darkness weighting on her chest. She could smell the misty, humid air mixing with the almost diluted smoke. The empty space around her seemed infinite and tenuous, distant- but on the contrary, touchable. Despite not being able to see, her hearing wasn't sharpened, in fact she couldn't hear a single sound. She lied frightened, shivering, gasping. Just as she was ready to start crying, she heard deep, silent breathing.

"He's alive." She said aloud, excitement and energy spreading through her body. "It's just severe fatigue, (Y/N), you can do it. You'll be able to help him when he wakes up."

She was correct about her condition. Half an hour later she was able to move fully but decided not to in hopes she'll gather chakra faster. Her thoughts were positive, confident Ren and Sora will get her out of the cave soon, after they defeat the puppet master. That it. There wasn't a single doubt in her mind that her friends will save her shortly and the three of them will head back to Konoha with a smile on their faces. Coping mechanism or not, it helped her get on her feet and start to look for the blond boy. She crawled, gently feeling the cool, wet ground with her hands. Sound of the boy's breath was getting louder.

"Who's there?" Deidara's voice echoed through the large space. "I can't see anything."

"The cave collapsed; we're stuck until somebody finds us." (Y/N) calmly explained. She stopped crawling in order to evaluate the likeliness of the boy attacking her in case she found him.

"What? You pulled me back into the cave? I'm going to kill you." He threatened, his voice full of rage. "Damn it!"

The only thought running through his mind was killing (Y/N) in cold blood. He fantasized about an explosion intense enough to blow her up, but weak enough for her body parts to visibly be blown off and splashed all over the walls of the cave. When he attempted to move it felt like he was trying to lift dead weight. Unlike (Y/N)'s, his body was completely paralyzed with an exception of his head. He didn't know how to feel. Curious and prideful as he was, he tried to suppress his urge to ask (Y/N) if she was paralyzed as well. He silently cursed and decided the best tactic was to keep as quiet as possible in order to not be found by her.

"I see." She smiled while staring into pitch black. "I'm glad the poisoned eased up in your facial muscles."

"The poison? Did she poison her arrows or something?" He though.

He remembered the jutsu she used to pull him back into the cave. Her arrow scratched him before he felt the pulling force and the burning sensation in his limbs. Both Deidara and his art were humiliated. It felt unreal for him to be defeated by somebody as weak as the girl he was talking to. The more humiliated he felt, the more he wanted to kill her.

"It can't be." He thought. "She tricked me with her chains and humiliated my art. How did I let it happen?"

"Don't worry! I instructed Sora to make all my poisons harmless. You're going to be fine in no time." She interrupted his thinking. "Since we're not going to be here together, I guess I'll introduce myself. My name is (Y/N) (L/N)."

"How dare you act like you're above my art?"

Deidara's anger was fading away as he was trying to think of a clever plan to kill (Y/N) and escape the cave. His estimation was that no earth style he knew could break through the enormous amount of crumbled rock, so he simply had to wait for either pain or Zetsu to come and save him. If they ever come, that it. He knew (Y/N) was harmless and killing her wasn't necessary, but he couldn't fight the urge. Her voice was disgusting him to his core. The fact that she always talked about other people doing things for her just added oil to the already wildfire that his anger was. She seemed to be incompetent to do things on her own. She lived in a bubble where everything was happy, plain and boring. Deidara resented her behavior and refused to acknowledge it further. Her closed off mindset barely acknowledged his art, and what an art it was. A thought of his explosions doing so much damage fed his ego and since it was the only thing calming him down, his mood changed and thoughts about (Y/N) completely vanished.