the san francisco mixtape

THE SAN FRANCISCO MIXTAPE

          Mer,

          I hope France is treating you well. I know it's not ideal and it's not how you expected you'd spend your summer, especially after everything that went down, but, at least, you're getting to see some new stuff. California gets boring after a while, doesn't it?

          Things back here are okay—as okay as they can possibly be, anyway. Felix and Xena have already left (I think they wanted to spend every last moment of summer together before we all head off to college) and Grace and Christina spend every waking moment by themselves, so I guess it's been pretty lonely for me. Courtney has Jonah, obviously, but I don't think I have it in me to start hanging out with Leon all of a sudden. He wouldn't be too big of a fan of that idea, anyway.

          I like to think he doesn't hate me that much anymore, but is still trapped in that awkward stage of wanting to reach out but not quite knowing how to do it or what to say. I'm like that, too, but I think it'll take a while before any of us are ready to reach out.

          I made you a quick playlist for whenever you need something to listen to. It's full of songs about San Francisco because, even though it kind of sucked (let's be fair, it freaking sucked), I'd like to believe there was some good there. The roadtrip was nice (thanks for, you know, being a good driver; I wouldn't trust Grace to do it) and I've reignited my love for sunsets, just because you were there.

          You're golden. All of you.

          Here's the list of songs, in case you want to make a new one and change the order (either way, I attached the Spotify link). These are songs that remind me of San Francisco—the real deal, what could have been, and the actual city—of our friends, of you, of us. Hope you like it. Hope it reminds you of me—and in a good way.

          I miss you. I love you.

          Love,

          Sofia

          P.S. tu me manques. Plus que tout.

here's the actual playlist

i.  california - tchad blake remix, phantom planet ii. save me, san francisco, train iii. adam's song, blink-182 iv. supermarket flowers, ed sheeran v. palo alto, radiohead vi. i remember california, r.e.m. vii. san diego, blink-182 viii. hit or miss, new found glory ix. life of the party, shawn mendes x. bad reputation, joan jett xi. king of my heart, taylor swift xii. remedy, adele xiii. give your heart a break, demi lovato xiv. landslide, fleetwood mac xv. arms, christina perri xvi. it's nice to have a friend, taylor swift xvii. we're unbreakable, anna sahlene xviii. have a nice day, stereophonics xix. san francisco (be sure to wear flowers in your hair), scott mckenzie  xx. (i left my heart) in san francisco, toni bennett xxi. fake tales of san francisco, arctic monkeys xxii. california, joni mitchell xxiii. new year's day, taylor swift