CHAPTER 6.2: Chase

CHAPTER 6.2 (Chase)

"Chase, sorry kahapon ah, di kita nasamahan"

We are walking going to the next building for our next subject.

Should I feel guilty for making Coby feel like he needs to apologize? Like he's the one who's doing too much for me. If there's someone to be blame for doing such crappy drawing, it's me. And there's no reason for him to apologize seeing me grilled by our strict professor after passing the plates I settle to pass. I thought it was good enough since I spent my whole night doing that shit. But it turns out like this and that's....pretty...

...disappointing.

Even without the presence of Kath, she made the situation worse. In the middle of my professor's rage talking to me, my phone rung that made my profesor burst in anger.

"Magsorry ka kung iiwan mo ulit ako mamaya" I answer, of course it was a joke. half meant joke.

We both laugh and for a moment, a silence. Now that the class has been dismissed and we're out of the classroom, I check my phone and reveals full of missed calls and texts from Kath.

Walking in peace, I heard a furtive hissed from behind. I look back while Coby walks like he didn't heard anything.

Speaking of the devil, It's Kath, hiding behind a bush like a rabbit. Gesturing her hands inviting me. All those calls and texts, her way of getting me, despite of the itchy plants surrounding her, I knew this is urgent. I need to go.

"Kahit ako magtatampo ako pag ganun" Coby says while I look at Kath telling her to wait.

"alam ko kasi yung pakiramdam na naiiwan tapos—-"

"Ah...Coby, una ka na pala sa room." I say interrupting him from what he's saying. "Bibili lang ako ng fries, nagutom ako e" then I put my hand on my stomach to make my excuse more realistic. "Ikaw? Gusto mo ba? Ano flavor? Sour cream? Okay!" I ask and answer continuously while dragging my feet backward.

"—Oiy?" He was left confused "Kasasabi ko lang" he shouts. But he got no choice, I had my distance, so he just continue to walk blankly wondering.

I walk fast, looking back time by time, making sure he's gone, out of my sight.

I reach Kath and grab her arms, drag her going to student's lounge where I think a safer place that Coby won't see us anyhow.

"Bakit ka ba nagtatago kanina?" I ask

"Sino 'yun?" She asks back. "Classmate mo? Ang pogi ah. Pakilala mo naman ako" then a tap lands on my shoulder.

I didn't leave Coby just to hear these balderdash. I didn't even know how long would this take. I got an important subject to attend and I hope I didn't made a wrong decision for choosing to bunk a class and talk to this girl about which I believes that is more important than shipping her to Coby.

I sigh and stare at her, enraged, waiting for something that makes her need me that urgent.

"Ayun na nga!" She answers in more polite way after seeing my pissed face. "Nakausap ko na si Kyla, sinabi ko na gusto mo siyang makita ngayon." She smiles

"Anong gustong ko siyang makita?" I shout.

Ow. That seems excessively loud. I forgot that I am surrounded with students who are busy with their businesses. All eyes are on me now and that's really embarassing.

But going back to the main reason why I am here, I look back to Kath laughing quietly but that happy face suddenly fades away after seeing my displeased stare.