Suspicions Arise

Daroach looked at the gaping wound. "Look, we all know this was no accident. Someone at this party caused the death of Dedede."
Gooey wiped his tears off with his tongue and looked woefully at Daroach. "Gooey, don't fret, we'll find the offender and avenge our penguin friend."
"To start a search we require a lead, and the hole in his chest is just that." Meta Knight boomed to the scared crowd beside him. "This limits the causes of death to a laser or energy beam of some kind."
Naturally, everyone adverted their eyes to Susie, being she had a blaster on her at all times. "Hey! It can't be me, I was controlling the spotlights for the dance battle!"
"Well actually Dedede came to the closet before the battle even began, he said to me he wanted to get Confetti Cannons..." Magalor piped up from the back.
Susie snapped right at Magalor for the evidence. "How do we know you're not lying? Besides, since you were alone with Dedede, you could've done the deed without anyone seeing!"
Kirby jumped in between the two quarreling sides. "Poyo poy po-poya pay!" Kirby was trying to break up the fight as But suddenly, the lights cut out for a bit. Next thing you know, Adeline was on floor, her face blue, as she had been choked to death. "POOOYOOO!!!" Kirby looked down at the tragedy.
"Hmm..." Daroach inspected the corpse further. "It seems she was-" before Daroach could finish his sentence, a trap door opened up, swallowing Daroach and Ado's corpse. The hole was deep and dark, not that it mattered anyways, as the pit ended in spikes. There was zero chance to survive that. Daroach's screams echoed throughout the whole castle before they died out.
"Oh no no no no! This is my fault! If I didn't propose the party, we wouldn't of been in thus situation..." Magalor lamented. But Taranza was there to comfort him. "Mago, just because the killer struck during the party doesn't mean it's your fault. That's like saying it's your fault for your apartment complex to get destroyed, even though you had no part in destroying it."
"Strange comparison, but ok."

ALIVE: KIRBY, META KNIGHT, BANDANNA DEE, RIBBON, MAGALOR, SUSIE, TARANZA, GOOEY

DEAD: KING DEDEDE , ADELINE, DAROACH