The Funeral

Scarlet's pov

By the time the funeral comes around, Judy and Julia have come around our house with fake sympathetic smiles. The first time Jared scared them off but they seem persistent. 

The police had also found the bug that was in my bathroom, thankfully it was taken out before I got home because I don't think they would've wanted to hear us making out in the shower.

During the time I was (still am) healing, Jared's friend group had come around to see me and Penny had been the one to get the newspaper clipping. I had explained to them about the accident in London just so they would know from me and not from some high schooler. 

Penny had surprisingly come by and said she was sorry for my loss, placing her hand over mine before leaving. I was surprised she came around, she also gave me the newspaper clipping, said it is my secret and that he had no right trying to ruin me. 

Jared pulls me back to the present by tugging on the back of the black dress that hangs off my frame. I hate dressing up but he said it was needed. "You look a million miles away. What's up?" 

I turn around and run my hands down the front of his black dress shirt. "You just look so damn hot in black." It is true, his tan skin looks darker, his black hair looks somehow darker and it touches the collar of his shirt. 

Jordan walks in just as Jared kisses me and she gives a small cough. "I'm here to do Scarlet's hair. We have to leave in an hour." 

He nods and winks at me. He kisses me again. "See you downstairs soon. Sean might need help." 

Sean is going with my mom to the funeral as well, the funeral for Daniel and Miles. I sit down and Jordan starts brushing my hair and pulling it up, pinning it with black bobby pins. "I can't believe we're going to Miles's funeral. I don't really care about dad's." 

I stay still until she gets the last of my hair up. "You do care Jordy. Just like deep down I care. Try living with killing your father." I laugh humorlessly. "I don't think it gets worse than that." 

Jordan shrugs, "He got what was coming for him. I always knew if our dad died, it would probably be by your hands. Just a gut feeling." 

I shove down the building pressure behind my eyes. "I think I knew that too. He hurt you and mom to much. I couldn't stand it. He also threatened Jared, that was the last straw."

She smiles, "You definitely love him." 

I smirk, "Never said I didn't. What about Jessica?" 

A delicate flush appears on her cheeks. "We're dating now. She asked me just before you were released from the hospital." 

I rest my chin on her head as I hug her. "I'm glad. Funny that if we ever settle down with the neighbors kids, we'll all be related. How weird is that?" 

Jordan laughs, "It just means we'll have to get married at the same time. Problem solved." 

We both start laughing as Sean and Jared come into the room. Sean's dressed in the same outfit as Jared, only he has a sling supporting his arm. So much for seeing them downstairs.

"Speaking of marrying." Sean clears his throat. "I want you blessing, Jordan, Scarlet, so I can ask Allison to marry me." 

Jordan squeals and I narrow my eyes and study Sean. He keeps fidgeting and more so under my stare. I let a threatening smile slide over my face. "I think it's a great idea, just watch it. I find out you're being an ass and that's the end of it." I smile for real this time. "I'm just kidding. I approve completely. You are by far, better than my dad was."