One Of Them (Part 1)

I They always say to be careful while walking alone in that particular street, on a dark night. There are no street lights and to worsen the matter, not even a single living soul can be seen. But you can hear them. You can hear their footsteps following you. From the moment you step into the street, till you leave, you can hear them following you. They say one should not turn around to face them. Cause once you turn around, you're one of them. Nobody knows what they looks like cause the ones who has seen them is no more.

It all happened on an autumn evening. The sun has been set for a long time and I was returning from my job. I usually don't work late, this has to be the first time I the whole three years I had spent working in that Cafe. I was tired after the long shift and to make matters worse, my car was broken down and in the garage. Thinking of my warm bed, waiting for me at home, I started walking. Midway, I decided on taking a shorter path way. I was too tired and wanted to be home as soon as possible. I've never taken it before and somehow ended up in the street. As I said, I've never been here before but I've definitely heard the rumors. I'm not a superstitious person so I continued walking without any fear. But as soon as I stepped in, I started having other thoughts.

to be continued.....