𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS
↳ chapter eleven

As Negan ran from Rick's quick bullets, he shot his own gun

As Negan ran from Rick's quick bullets, he shot his own gun. Only, he wasn't aiming for the Grimes man. Instead, he took out as many walkers as possible, making sure that if Madi was still alive, that she'd be safe from the undead.

But, he couldn't stay to take them all out as he jogged into an abandoned building for safety, finding a short-lived solace from Rick's machine gun.

As soon as he entered the secure brick structure, he put his back to the wall by the opened entrance. And, the moment Rick Grimes came through the threshold, Negan lowered Lucille, tripping the man who attacked him and giving himself a short head-start before he ran off.

Rick's gun fired in the place that Negan had once stood, but each bullet he shot missed the determined Saviors' leader.

Luckily for Madi, the group of walkers followed the two men into the building as the loud, booming gunfire drew them closer inside and away from the crashed car that Madi lied in, still unconscious.

Negan ran up a flight of stairs, stopping at the top of them when he realized that Rick was out of ammunition for both his machine gun, which he'd tossed onto the ground outside, and his pistol, which had clicked when he tried to shoot Negan.

Laughing his signature deep chuckle, Negan looked down at Rick, who still stood at the bottom of the staircase. "Hey, Prick." Negan greeted the man, "You are out of bullets! Come on up."

Rick had come prepared as he pulled an axe from his belt and charged toward Negan. He tossed the hatchet, and when the leader of The Saviors dodge it, it hit the wall behind him. But, Negan's quick movements caused him to drop his bat amd sent him through the stair railing.

He held onto the edge of the floor above him; the floor he'd just been standing on, reaching for the weapon as he called out, "Lucille!" To no one in particular.

Rick made his way upstairs, pulling his axe from the wall before picking up the barbwired baseball bat as well. "Oh, you asshole." Negan remarked breathily.

As Rick swung his hatchet down, aiming for Negan's fingers, Negan released his grip and fell to the floor below him, only his body and quick speed weighed down the aged, weakened wood, and he fell through the hardwood and into the basement below.

_

Simon and Dwight had separated from the other Saviors, as they went on a search for Negan. But, neither of them were Negan's biggest fan, and Simon had spent all day trying to convince Dwight to betray their leader.