Mr. Right? | 16

KAIRO

"You're early," Alexander commented with an impressed look on his face as I sat down beside him. 

"You did tell me not to be late," I responded with a small grin. "Where's my reward for showing up on time?"

He glanced over at me with a lopsided grin, "Glad you asked." Following that, he shoved his hand into his backpack and pulled out a textbook. Then, he placed it on the desk and slid it over to me, "Here you go. Here's your reward."

I stared at him for a brief moment and then averted my gaze to the textbook, then back to his face again, "Are you serious? A trigonometry guide?"

"What? You don't like it?" he chuckled in response, setting his bag aside and leaning against his chair. "I figured you could use the extra help. This textbook has a few equations along with their solutions and a few tests as well. If you still don't get anything, you can send me a text anytime."

I hummed in response before picking the book up and examining in thoroughly, "You know what? You're right. Thank you, Alex."

"Alex?" he began, raising his brow at me. "I thought that was what you called your girlfriend."

"Oh shut up," I huffed, my cheeks beginning to turn a deep shade of red from the mention of Alexandria. "I'll just refer to her as Lexi from now on."

He stayed silent for a brief moment before facing forward and asking, "What is it that you like about her anyway? What's so special about her?"

"Uhh.." I began, setting the textbook back on the table and scratching my chin as I tried my hardest to come up with a reason as to why I even liked her in the first place. It was then that I realized that there was no reason at all. I'd just partnered up with her for a project once and that's how I ended up falling for her. We never even shared any memorable moments together after that. We weren't acquaintances nor were we the hi-bye type of friends. Then why did I even like her?

"I don't know, she's pretty I guess," I began with a blunt shrug. "I partnered up with her for a project last year and I thought she was really pretty and smart so I fell for her. We haven't really spoken at all after that."

"So you don't really have feelings for her," Alexander noted with a nod. "You're just obsessed with her because she's good looking."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I inquired, slightly offended.

"I don't blame you," he continued. "If I saw a good-looking person, I'd be slightly interested in them as well. But falling in love with them just for their looks?"

I couldn't come up with a response for that. He was right. 

"D-Don't try to tell me about how I feel," I stammered. "I think I know what my feelings are well enough."

"Then you tell me," he began, cracking his knuckles. "Does your heart flutter at the sight of her? Do you feel butterflies in your stomach? Do your palms get all sweaty? Do you feel all mushy inside when you think about her?"

"I mean.. yeah, I guess?" I answered without giving it any thought. 

"I can sense the doubt in your tone," he remarked. "And you really fell for her just because the both of you partnered up for some random project about a year ago?"

"Yeah I did, what about it?" I snorted, sinking in my seat out of embarrassment. The things he was saying was making me realize how much of an idiot I truly was. Here the both of us were, a duo in which one of the two was unaware of how to keep his personal things to himself and the latter of which was unaware of what his feelings really meant. 

"Nothing, I'm just saying," he began. "You should be careful."

"Careful, why?" I scoffed in response. 

"The both of us are partners right now for a project, aren't we?" he questioned.

"Yes we are, what about it?" I confirmed.

"Then," he started, leaning closer towards me so he could whisper in my ear. "There's a high chance that you might fall for me, too."