Chapter 8

"Something is going to happen this chapter. I can  F E E L  it"
- one of the many notes in 'The Notebook'

Ima just throw this out here:
For some weird reason, everything important is happening in the restroom. Why? Idk, but I think that's gonna stop being a thing for this soon.

Alrighty, back to your regularly scheduled program that's already been prolonged for wayy too long-

Russia walked into Mr. EU's classroom with two books in his arms and an expression that practically defined the phrase "dead inside". Class was scheduled to start in the next 4 minutes, though most countries hadn't yet entered the large room of torture. Instead, they were spending their time socializing. An activity in which Russia would prefer to not take part in, for he had no friends. Also, he just wasn't a 'social' type.

As he entered the classroom, he was legitimately surprised to see what he saw.

America.

Germany and Poland were already in there, but that was normal. What wasn't normal was seeing who he considered to be the most irresponsible country sitting there, 4 minutes early. Usually, the striped country was either late or right on time.

Russia tentatively walked over to their table, staring at the smaller country in confusion. America didn't react to him taking his seat. He was just staring at a blank piece of notebook paper.

Or he was asleep. Russia really couldn't tell.

He rolled his eyes and stared out of the window they were placed next to. The rain that had started falling that morning looked to have become more fierce over time. And that made sense, since the forecast predicted that it would continue to rain for the remainder of the day.

Somehow, Russia and both of his siblings had forgotten that they had a car to drive home in the previous day. How that happened, we will never know, but that's not the point. The point is that the car was still in the school parking lot, causing them to be caught out in the rain while walking to school the next day. Why didn't they use a bus? The idea didn't cross their minds.

At least they would have the shelter of a car on the way back.

While Russia was doing whatever it was that he was doing, the classroom filled up with countries. He was taken out of his daze by Japan's loud voice.

"こんにちは (Hi), 'Meri!" the Asian greeted the country next to him, prompting a reaction from him. "How're you doing? You didn't reply to any of my texts last night."

America shrugged, responding with: "That would be because my phone died. I'm fine, though."

Russia could tell that he was hiding something. Something big. However, he wasn't going to bring that up. He didn't need to get even more involved with the pig's life, anyway.

He didn't care.

"それでいい,"(That's good.) Japan chirped, giving America a quick hug before running off to her seat.

Mr. EU stepped into the classroom, the bell going off just moments later.

"Good morning, everyone!" EU greeted everyone, setting his coffee mug on his desk. "I trust that everybody did their homework last night?"

Most students replied with a half-hearted 'mhm' or 'yes'. Russia heard America very quietly whisper "Oh shit."

Russia rolled his eyes, wondering what his excuse was for having not done it, despite going home over 2 hours before everyone else. He assumed that his disregardful-self probably forgot about its existence the moment class ended. It sounded like an America-thing to do.