Prolouge

A bloodstained dragon scrambled through the streets of the Scorpion Den. The blood clashing madly with her pale brown scales. The sandwing leaned against a wall breathing heavily. A noise behind her made her keep running. The moon darted in and out from behind the clouds, causing the light to constantly shift. The dragon flew the last few feet and landed in front of a dark ally. She looked around before descending into the darkness. Another dragon was waiting for her. Half hidden in the shadows was a skywing. He gave her a small node and disappeared into a doorway, hidden in the shadows. The sandwing followed him in. Inside was over a dozen dragons from all tribes where sitting at multiple tables. All wearing the same purple and black armband on their left front arm. Flamesilk lanterns glowed in the dark, they barely lit the room. Some dragons were drinking from large cups, some playing some sort of card games, and others were sharping their weapons. All whispering excitedly. The watched the sandwing as she walked across the room to the door on the other side of the room. Another dragon, a dark purple silkwing, was standing outside the door. "Crimson." The silkwing looked down her snout at the skywing.
"Gypsy." The skywing nodded at the silkwing and walked back to the door and back into the ally. The sandwing watched him go. She turned back to the silkwing, who was glaring at her. "It's about time you got here. She doesn't like to be kept waiting."
The sandwing ducked her head. "Sorry. We had some, err, resistance." The sandwing tapped the large sack on her back. Gypsy nodded and opened the door. Gypsy marched her down. Long hallway to another door. Gypsy knocked three times before turning back the way she came. An albino seawing opened the door. The seawing's white scales flowed in the dim light. The seawing took her place against the wall next to a red leafwing. In fact, this room seemed to be filled with dragon oddities. A dark brown sandwing stood next to the leafwing, on the other side of the room was a bright pink skywing, a dark blue icewing, and black silkwing. A tall obsidian throne stood across from the door. A dragon sat on the throne wearing a crown of obsidian and diamonds. Her grey and blue scales glowing faintly. This was obviously the dragon in charge. This was Smokescreen. "Is it done?" Her voice was cold and clear. The sandwing knelt in a quick bow.
"He is dead." The sandwing straightened back up.
Smokescreen started to study her claws.
"Did you bring me proof?" She asked not looking up.
"I don't like to be lied to Egypt. You know that."
Egypt shivered as she pulled of the sack from across her back. She reached inside and threw the contents at the bottom of the throne. Smokescreen leaned over to study the lump. She reached down and picked it up. It was the head of a hivewing. Smokescreen Walked down from her throne towards Egypt. She held the head in front of her.
"You were instructed to cut off his head without a fight. Yet here you are covers in blood with a gash just above your eye. You could have lead anybody to us. Kill her." Smokescreen flicked her tail. Immediately the brown sandwing and blue icewing ran up and pinned Egypt to the floor. Smokescreen yapped her claws against the floor. The silkwing walked up and calmly snapped Egypt's neck. Smokescreen stepped over the body, the hivewings head still clutched in her claws. She entered the room full of dragons. They all fell silent at the sight of her. Smokescreen dropped the head on the nearest table. "So," she whispered. "We had another successful night. You." She pointed to a seawing.
"Add it to the wall." The seawing scrambled up and quickly hung the head on a wall. The whole wall was covered in dragon heads. Each one had a sign hanging below it saying who they were and what they did to deserve to die. Most of them were killed for trying to turn Smokescreen and her gang in.
"Acid tried to turn us in. Can you believe his stupidity? Thinking he could actually get away." She shook her head. "Once you're in, your in for life."
The dragons stayed deathly silent. Even after Smokescreen left the room. She had a certain air about her. If you crossed her she would kill you. And she didn't even need a reason to kill. She was in charge, she did what she wanted.