five

"ok kids, let's go to the gym for the spring break rally.", the teacher sighed, not liking the fact that his class was being cut off half way.

"i didn't like geography anyway.", xiaojun said as the rest of his classmates agreed. 

on the way to the gym, xiaojun and kun casually talked while hendery, jeno, and jaemin walked close behind them. jeno and jaemin were in their own little world (as usual), so hendery was left with his loud thoughts.

as he walked, hendery watched how xiaojun could effortlessly make everyone laugh and although he was pretty nerdy and smart, he still had plenty of friends. let's just say hendery was... 

whipped.

he had no idea that xiaojun would confess to yangyang in about an hour.

all the students gathered in the gym and waited for the rally to start. an hour of boring speeches and plans for the year gave time for the students to drift off and think about whatever. 

xiaojun constantly checked the time on his phone, waiting for 4:00 pm to roll around. his hands were sweating and he wasn't even the one giving the note directly to yangyang. 

the rally ended, and xiaojun hurriedly gave the note to kun. all the students stood up and left at the same time, so it was kind of chaotic. in the midst of all the chaos, xiaojun received a phone call from his mom telling him that she arrived to pick him up. 

"i'll text you what yangyang says!", kun yelled at xiaojun as he was walking away. 

xiaojun arrived to the front of the school where his mom picked him up, and when he got in the car, he awaited the text from kun. 

meanwhile, kun ran around the crowd of students trying to find yangyang. once he spotted him, he kept yelling his name repeatedly. 

"yangyang! yangyang!"

the said male looked back and saw kun running up to him. he was very confused to say the least. 

"here's a note from xiaojun", kun said, out of breath. 

"xiaojun? that's random", yangyang replied.

"just read it."

yangyang sighed and opened the piece of paper.

hey yangyang,

i know this is really random, but i like you. like, more than a friend. it's okay if you don't feel the same way, but i just wanted to tell you. so, yeah.

-xj

yangyang finished reading the note and looked up at kun. he didn't know what to tell him because he knew that kun would tell xiaojun what he says right away. 

"um, sorry, but i don't like him. we're just friends."

"ok."

kun nodded and took out his phone to text xiaojun. he felt really bad that he had to break the news to his best friend. 

kun

he said he doesn't like you, sorry jun :(

xiaojun got excited and looked at his phone as soon as he got a notification. after reading the text from kun, his smile fell. he felt tears start to well up in his eyes as he replied.

xiaojun

it's ok 

as soon as he got home, xiaojun couldn't focus on his homework. although he was kind of glad that he didn't have to hear yangyang friend zone him to his face, he wished that he was a little luckier with crushes. 

it took him longer than usual to do his homework, and he stayed up for a couple extra hours thinking about how much worse his school year could yet (because he's extra). he just hoped that one day, someone he liked would like him back. 

not only that, he was upset that his friends constantly shipped them, especially if they had known yangyang didn't even like him. 

"why does no one like me?"

...

a/n:

sorry it's so short...

next chapter is more hendery and xiaojun based.

also i'm still debating between two endings, maybe i'll one and an alternate one? i'll explain when the story gets to that part, i don't want to spoil it :)