On My Own Blood

I usually don't write things in the spur of the moment, but I am choosing to do that on this delightful night.

Throughout this piece of work, I used plenty of metaphors and personification to describe certain situations and feelings I've experienced. I haven't been exactly sure whether I should be doing that or not because I have noticed they can be quite confusing if one does not read through them thoroughly. For instance, it might take a few reads or minutes to realize that in "On the Present Fantasy," the devil was Red, and Red sometimes embodies Dragon; further, an angel was White, and Fairy was typically embodied by White. Using the title as a guide, one can interpret that I was using a short fantasy story to illustrate the way cretin people in my life treat me. What? Am I saying that I am Fairy and Dragon? Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, and this is something that is revealed in that short piece as I sometimes use the pronoun "I." I am both of them, and they are me. Oddly enough, they are actually one.

I will steer away from stories in this one (or fictional ones at that) as well as metaphors. I'll attempt to remain straightforward and keep this simple.

In "On Family," I expressed that putting family first is extremely important to me, but I also made it clear that there are exceptions to this rule. Abuse and neglect should never be tolerated, not anywhere, and most definitely not among family members. There's a line blood must not cross, for, if crossed, then (I was about to use personification here, I can't help it!) that is a declaration of war.

The worst of wars are family wars. (I am adding this note after completing this piece, and I just realized I actually did not keep it as straightforward as I tried to keep it).

Family wars go beyond land ownership and gold. This type of warfare is one of blood division; think cell division: one cell divides into two, landing this division into a never ending cycle of reproduction. Perhaps in cell biology, division is favorable, though on a familial level, division is a sword strike in the spine. I wish I could say familial division is deadly, but it isn't; picture a cliff on a mountain in outer space. Now picture being pushed off that cliff by your own blood when you just wanted to show off the beauty of the vast space beneath the cliff. Into millions of feet do you fall off (or try billions). It is a never ending fall, and so what you once thought was beautiful now becomes horrifying, ugly, and dreadful. You realize that you are going down south, not up to the Lord.

Hell.

Not only has your own blood pushed you off a heavenly cliff, but you were thrown to hellfire itself, except it will take an ungodly amount of light-years to reach it so that, once you do, you feel relieved. But you're in hell, and nothing about hell should be relieving to you. 

The one bond that can never be broken is that between your blood. Disowned your son, have you? Don't be a fool. He is an extension of yourself, quite literally. Cut ties with your sibling? The one person who is literally your other half, for you share the same mother and father, can be removed from your pathway in life, but your DNA won't have it. It just won't. Your child will share some of his aunt's DNA, the same DNA you attempted to rid from your life.

Family is family whether we like it or not. It's both beautiful and miserable. Quite literally, once more, we have other humans who are almost us walking the Earth just because of some nucleotide sequences. Seemingly silly, such a sequence determines much more than we would like, so choose a partner wisely before mating and bearing children.

The unfortunate truth is, despite this magnificent bond the Lord and nature flourished us with, one must kill all the pests in her garden. As ironic as it is, indeed, pests share some of their DNA with ours. That is how evolution works after all. And one must kill all the pests in her garden or else her garden will not grow, lest she is pushed off a cliff.