~February~

Lex finally got past the first line of the email a day later.

Dear Alexandria,

Thank you for your interest in working here! After carefully reviewing your application and our interview, we have decided to hire you for the job. Please let us know if you will be accepting this position. We'd love to have you as part of our team!

Warm regards,

Lex looked at the email in shock. She couldn't believe that she got what was a dream job for a high school dropout. "Guys," she said. Hannah looked up from her homework and Ethan from the test he was grading.

"What?" Hannah asked.

"I got the pet store position. I have to let the fast food places know that I'm not taking it," Lex said. She stood up and Ethan followed, delivering a quick kiss.

"What do you say I pick up a pizza tonight?" He asked.

"This is perfect timing! We ran out last night," Hannah noted. Ethan nodded, calling in the order. When he went to go get it, Hannah put away all her homework (finished) and sat down with Lex.

"Hannah, do you have any good date ideas in the winter?" Lex asked Hannah.

"Something indoors? Why are you asking?" Hannah asked.

"Well, it's been a tough year. Ethan and I don't do Valentine's Day, but I'd like to do something. I almost lost him on Black Friday and it was terrifying," Lex said, "I'd love to do something low-key."

"A movie would be nice. I could just stay in my room all night," Hannah volunteered.

"I don't want you to have a bad time due to that. I'm sure we have some friends who would let you be with them for a while."

"I guess."

Lex looked down at her phone, fingers flying, while Hannah fiddled with a pencil. "A-ha! Got it!"

"What?"

"So Paul and Emma hate Valentine's Day and they're taking care of Tim that day and they'd like to spend time with you," Lex said, "Is that cool with you?"

"Yeah. As long as you pick me up," Hannah said.

"Of course. I wouldn't leave you alone all night," Lex said, hugging Hannah. Ethan opened the door and the fresh scent of pizza filled the house.

"Pizza's here," Ethan said, locking the door behind himself. Hannah ran to Ethan and took the pizza. She brought it back to the kitchen.

"Thanks," Lex said, kissing Ethan on the cheek briefly before getting three plates out.

"No problem. When are you going to start?" Ethan asked.

"Next week I think. I've asked for a few days off and they've accepted," Lex said, rummaging through drawers for a pizza cutter. She cut through the warm cheese. "We're talking tomorrow about a generic schedule that isn't too bad."

"I'm proud of you, Lex," Ethan said as they served themselves the warm slices of the pepperoni pizza.

"Thanks," Lex smiled.

The next day, Lex was talking to her new place of employment. "So you can do 9-5 every day with a lunch break and break times in that time?" Her boss asked her.

"Yes. I'd like weekends off, though," Lex said.

"We can do that. Do you have any prior engagements that you know of that clash with the schedule?"

"Yes. I'm only busy on the fourteenth after noon," Lex smiled.

"Okay, I'll put you down for a half a day then. Your first day is Monday," her boss said.