Chapter One

p i l o t

The day started as chaotic as World War II in the Daxem-Danvers household, with the first day of school. From the kids screaming their heads off to the phones ringing. Mon-el stood in the kitchen cooking breakfast for his family, the radio loudly playing in the background trying to drown the commotion. He owned a bar not far from home, luckily for him he was able to make his own hours which helped as he had three kid and an expecting wife.

His beautiful wife of twenty years Kara was eighteen weeks pregnant. She worked for one of the best reporters in the country, not that her boss would ever acknowledge that. Snapper Carr was the editor and chief of Catco Magazine, he was as cruel as he was smart. Although she wanted to put his head in a blender, she was that he taken her under her wing. As she was answering her many works phone calls her twins Romeo and Juliet were at the table bickering over the last pancake. Mon-el had chosen the names while Kara had been drugged up from giving birth, at first, she was not pleased with the star cross lovers' names, but she grew used to them and adored her husband's passion for the literary art.

The eldest of the two was a brunette strapping young seventeen-year-old boy, who was on the football team, his only goal in life was making his family proud. He had already had many scholarships deals from many colleges across the states. He gained the strength whilst his twin sister Juliet, gained the intelligence.

She was younger by two and a half minutes, and was the most popular girl in school, beautiful and head strong as her mother. The top of her class in every class, every parent evening the teachers could not help but boast about her. She had all the attention from the boys, although she was sure she did not want to date any of them her father took many precautions to ensure that.

"My dear dumb brother, your brain doesn't need the energy so I should take it!" Juliet screamed at her brother at a high frequency as next to her was her five-year-old brother, Jeremiah, named after their late grandfather. He was crying his head off not wanting to go to kindergarten, he believed his family would abandon him, although he would completely forget that fact after five minutes of playtime.

"Dear sister of mine, you are fat enough! You don't need the extra calories." Romeo had retaliated, of course he had no idea the effect it would have on his sister, he was just being her brother. If he knew the inner turmoil she had everyday and night looking in the mirror, that she had been starving herself for a while now, she only ate because Jerimiah had asked her to eat with them instead of her usual excuse of already eating or going to the school café.

She picked up her orange juice throwing it on her brother ruining his hair and clothes, then grabbing her bag rushing out the door ignoring her family calling after her.

"Quickly have a shower and change, I'll drop you off before I go to work" Kara had said as she handed him a towel to dry himself. Shaking her head in disbelief.

"I barely even said anything" Romeo pouted as he marched up the stairs.

"Our kids are fun" Mon-el said taking a sip of coffee looking at the OJ dripping from the counter.

"I blame you" Kara simply said as she looked at her husband before grabbing her son and getting his ready for school.

"I love you too babe"

------

There had been a series of murders happening around the city, and as Kara's best friend was a forensic scientist, she had been the best choice to run the story, being able to get exclusive interviews and seeing her best friend was the best deal she could have been offered. So, there they were chatting about their kids, lives, and obviously the murders.