XI

Ella's point of view

My head tilted slightly to the side when he said this while my eyebrows raised. Instead of an answer he smiled sadly at me.

"Here is your food." The waitress said suddenly while placing two plates of food down in front of us. We thanked her and I watched as she left.

When I turned back to Hades he had already begun eating, so instead of asking him what he meant I picked up my own cutlery and began eating.

As we ate I could feel Hades looking at me, he tried to be subtle but he wasn't very good at it.

I glanced up, my eyebrows were raised and I couldn't help the slight smile on my face. "Is there something you need Hades?"

My eyes followed the pink colour that spread up his neck and onto his cheeks. I found it very amusing to watch the gruffy man before me turn pink with embarrassment. From the outside he looked like a solid brick wall but deep down he really was a soft little cuddly bear.

"Oh, um, I was wondering..." He drew his words out slightly while he looked down and scratched the back of his neck.

Was he nervous? That was something I never thought Hades would be, but I guess you learn something new about people everyday.

"Yes Hades."

"Well I was wondering if you would like to spend the day with me? We could get to know each other and do anything you would like." His eyes shone with hope as he waited for my response.

I was stunned. Out of all the things I thought he would ask, I definitely did not expect it to be a date.

Was it a date? My heart fluttered at the thought, while my brain butted in and stated that it was not a date but rather just two people getting to know one another.

"I would love to." I smiled back at him and watched as a large grin spread onto his face.

"We could maybe go on a walk to the park after breakfast, that is if you would like to." He replied, the grin still shone on his face.

"That sounds perfect."

For the rest of the morning we spent the day walking around the park and talking about the simplest of things. He told me about his childhood and his strained relationship with his father. He told me great tales of the adventures he had been on and told me about his mother, Rhea.

I on the other hand had much less exciting things to tell him about myself. I told him about my childhood, parents and sister, I told him about what it was like growing up with Camila and Davies as best friends, I told him about my passion for the English language and all kinds of different books.

It was around noon and we had settled under a large oak tree near a pond in the park. The large leaves provided an escape from the sun. It was there under the oak tree while Hades was telling me one of his stories that I realised he never once mentioned where he grew up or where he lived now.

Once he had finished telling me one of his stories I muttered the question that had been playing on my mind for the last fifteen minutes.

"Where did you grow up?" I asked casually. I didn't think it would have been an issue as he did say that we should get to know each other. However, when I got no reply back I decided to gaze at Hades.

He seemed conflicted, my eyebrow raised unintentionally as I watched him. He noticed my confusion and sighed.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"What do you mean?" I wondered aloud.

"I'm not from around here and my home is far away from here, very far." He muttered the last part almost to himself.