Chapter two

Cactus' POV

'What the hell is that?!' I said looked up at the sky and then looked down. All the zombies were looking up as well and so were my teammates. There was a scream from sunflower. I quickly turned around to see what was the matter. I jumped back in fright and so did the plants surrounding her. She was-a mutant! "Oh god..." I said quietly. She looked like she was about to scream,but she looked down at her stem and looked confused and didn't look shocked at all. Then she looked up at the zombies and thought of something. Sunflower then said"boo" and they all ran off,screaming. I looked back at sunflower and she was on the ground laughing with some plants laughing too. I looked at peashooter but to my surprise,he wasn't laughing and just glared up at the sky. "Something isn't right" I heard him say. It started a downpour on him this time and he shouted in pain. He as well turned into a mutant with sunflower and started freaking out. Eventually he calmed down and started to get his roots back into the ground. I laughed quietly and so were the chompers. Then it started raining on one of the chompers and he also shouted in pain. I paused as he looked at me and smiled. "You're probably next,cactus" he said. All of them were looking at me and I shrunk down. What if he was right? Then it rained on me. He was right. I too screamed for it was unbearingly painful. Like being poured on with a bucket of acid. When it stopped,I looked down. I was really tall with longer spikes and needles. Chomper laughed and said "told ya". I laughed a bit too until I noticed the rain had stopped. I looked back at sunflower. She had fainted or passed out on the floor. Then peashooter fell then chomper. I suddenly blacked out...