Chapter 10

"So, How are you feeling, Itachi-san?" The husky voice broke him out of his thoughts. He looked up and met concerned, blue eyes of his brother's teammate.

"Fine." He replied, and he was except for his voice which was still hoarse from the lack of use. By now his lungs would have been racking with coughs and pain. But all he felt was a slight soreness on his ribs, due to the fact that his body is still recovering from the aftermaths of the surgery. The painkillers in his system turning the pain into an annoying throbbing.

Hearing the answer, the blonde man smiled kindly, azure eyes still shining solemnly. Looking at the man infront of him, Itachi feels this strange pride and gratefulness. This man, he owe alot to for so many things that can't even count.

"Tsunade-baa has set the trial date for next week. The council is still under this expression that you're dead. They were getting so overconfident that they got careless. Baa-chan got the proof that will punish the council members for all the wrongdoings..." Naruto trailed off, eyes darting towards Itachi then Sasuke.

Itachi looked at them with a blank expression, eyes empty. Sasuke softly nudge the elder Uchiha, "Let's build our home again, Nii-san." It was unreal. The tenderness Sasuke shows towards Itachi. It's unbelievable because Naruto has never seen the Uchiha exudes such tenderness to anyone in his entire life.

He smiled, things are finally falling into place. Light is finally returning to chase away the darkness.

The door opened and a pink head peaked in. Face fixed into a professional smile, she said, "I'm sorry for interrupting, but it's time for patient's bath." The door opened further and two nurses wheeled a trolley in, following by Sakura. The kunoichi turned her head towards the blonde man, who looked wide eyed at sudden attention from the person he was expecting getting ignored.

Despite the fact that she was pissed at two man, their reactions were like gust of cool wind in hot, scorching summer day to her. Giving a sickly sweet smile, which was returned with a shudder from the kyūbi jinchuriki, she cleared her throat, "Kindly step outside so we can do our work in peace. Crowded place are so annoying to work in." Oh how she loved the way Sasuke's jaw clenched at her words and Naruto gulped. Poor Itachi looked so lost.

Finally after few moments silence, Sasuke grabbed Naruto's arm and dragged him out, closing the door after them. Sakura's lips lifted in a satisfied smirk. In her defense, Ino's pettiness is rubbing of her.

Outside, Sasuke scowled, letting go Naruto's arm, "She's so annoying."

Naruto chuckled, "Annoyingly beautiful, sure." He raised his hand in defense at deadpanned look his teammate gave him, "Oh come on. I missed her terribly. I really want to be upset at her decision of leaving Team 7, but I really can't. This woman had already claimed my heart."

Sasuke raised his eyebrows, "Even after the fact that she had cut all the contact with you despite all those stupid love letters you sent her?"

Naruto smiled softly, "Yeah. Even then. I must have done something. I must have wronged her in some way. Because It's Sakura. Her anger always have reason." He closed his eyes, replaying the scent he caught when she leaned in, soft, pink tresses fluttering in the wind that are framing her face. His fingers yearned to push them behind her ear and leave lingering touches on those flushed cheeks.

He was brought back by the footsteps of Sasuke, who is already walking ahead, leaving him in a daydream. "Bastard, wait!" He jogged to catch up to him.

Sasuke started to walk faster, "I need to stay far away from you so I won't catch your stupidity." He said in a disgusted voice. Naruto's laugh echoing after him in the hallway as he chased after him. What they both didn't noticed was two anbus sharing a look of disbelief at the things they have heard from Naruto

"Sakura sent him letters. But never received any... She wasn't the one to leave the Team 7... What the hell is going on?" Shikamaru groaned, "This is getting even more troublesome."

"Should we mention this to Sakura?" Asked Neji. Shikamaru blinked. Should they? Deciding that they don't know the authenticity of situation so it's better to stay quiet then providing false information that could hurt their female teammate even more.

"Let's observe more." They both agreed, taking off to shadow the two boys of Team 7.