Chapter 47

"Every Phoebe's wish, I have to fulfill in order to keep you safe. If she wanted to sleep with me, I have to obey to avoid her from telling Carter thay I refused. Carter is the type that will mess with what's yours if you mess up with what's him. Remember the day that you was fined because you don't have the car license with you? It was the day I slept with Phoebe after a long time because Carter threatened to kill you," Chris explained.

I smiled at him. "So, that day, you're the one who paid the fine?" I looked at him.

He nodded while her face showed that he was feeling guilty. "Phoebe is Carter's niece. That's why they have the same family's name," he continued.

"How about the fights that you were in recently? What was that about?" I asked.

"Carter's troops watched and stalked you from far. I found out so," he looked at me deeply in my eyes.

I nodded. "And what about my profile? How did your dad got that?" I asked.

"Ahh... that one. We found it in Carter's office. He was planning to involve you in oocyte cryopreservation too. He collected all those information for his benefits," he replied. "That's why my dad requested me to stop meeting or talking to you."

Finally, I had got the opportunity to hear his explanations. I looked at his face and he could tell that he was so relieved, regretful and happy at the same time for telling me all of these. I ran my finger along the line of his hair to the back of his ear. When I reached the back of the ear tip, I pulled his head closer to me.

"Thank you," I whispered and smiled afterwards.

I put my index finger on his jaw and my middle finger under his jaw, pulling him closer and our lips crashed. He was shocked initially but then, he kissed me back.

A second later, I pulled away from him and looked at him in his eyes. I smiled at him and put my hand in the jacket as I stood up.

"Let's go, it is almost 11.00 o'clock," I said.

He followed me from behind and we didn't even talk to each other. I didn't notice that there was a few people who were walking in front of me until Chris grabbed my shoulder and moved me to his side to avoid me from crashing into them. When I arrived, there were Oliver and a doctor who was sitting on the chairs.

"Oliver? How long have you waited?" I asked.

"15 minutes," Oliver said after glancing at his watch. "Take a seat, Katherine," he said as he pointed out the bed. I took a seat in front of him and the doctor. "This is, Dr Joshua. He is a psychiatrist. He just want to check on you whether you experienced PTSD after the choking incident or anything. Is that okay?"

"Okay," I exhaled a deep breath and let Dr Joshua checking me.

-

After done examining me, Dr Joshua and Oliver left Chris and I alone at the ward. He was washing his face at the toilet when I scrolled down my phone to check some updates.

"You're not sleeping yet?" Chris asked while drying his face with a towel.

I shook my head. "You should go home, Chris. I will be fine here," I said and smiled at him to convince him that I will be okay.

He looked at me in my eyes. "I won't leave you until you be discharged from hospital," he told me.

I grinned by looking at his face. "Sleep here with me tonight," I said as I tapped on my side.

"Sleep there?" His face was blushed. "Are you sure?" He asked.

I nodded at him and grinned widely. "It must be painful if you slept on the chair or this floor. Moreover, you're going to leave me to go to Durham, right?" I convinced him.