8

Ngl I edited this chapter half asleep, so forgive me for errors.

"So there's no new face or anything suspicious?" Fego asked the private investigator he hired over the phone.

"No sir, the people that I have seen are known artist and Mr Afolayan has been secretive about his movement."

"Okay, just keep giving me progress reports," Fego said hanging up.

He was bent on discovering the artist and Greg was making it more difficult. He knew Greg was smart and had probably informed the artist; he hoped that there was a flaw in whatever Greg was planing and he'd finally be able to discover the artists identity.

Fego hated working on Saturdays, but he had no choice. He really wanted to spend the whole day watching Disney shows with Mena. He used to hate Disney but Mena made him grow to love it.
Now all he wanted to do was sing Let it go with her.
"You're going out Uncle Fego?" Mena asked staring at him with her moon shaped eyes. Mena gave him a reason to keep living.
"Yes, work came up today," he said ruffling her braids.

"I have art lessons too today," she said.
"Oh you do?" Fego stared at her in confusion. The last time he checked she didn't go for lessons on Saturday.

"Yes I do, I would show you my sketch pad when you come back." Mena said hiding her sketch pad behind her.

"You know if I stretch my hand I can take it from you," he said pointing to the pad at her back.
Mena giggled and moved backwards as he stretched his hands towards her. She ran to the couch, he followed her. She giggled and ran as quick as her leg could carry her.
He caught quickly and laughed at her.

"Uncle Fego wait wait," she giggled.
"No I want to see," He said.

"I promise I would show you after my lessons today," she said crossing her hands over her chest.

"Promise?" Fego asked her bringing out his pinkie finger.
She stared at him contemplating for a minute.
"Only if you bring Mint Choco ice cream back with you," she said.

"Mena I told you that you could not have sweets for a week."

"You want to see my artwork, don't you? Ice cream or nothing," she said smiling and sticking her tongue out.

"This is blackmail. Where did you learn this from?" he asked her.

"Okay I'd buy it but the smallest size." He said.
"Let me drop you off," he said.

"Yay!!," she squealed, running to her room to pack her bag.

He watched her run up the stairs excitedly and couldn't help but smile. He knew she often thought about her parents but she had never mentioned their names or brought them up some months after their accident.

Fego packed his car in front of a brown building. It was a two story building. The neighborhood was quiet and the buildings all looked similar. He watched Mena eagerly get down from the car and wave at him.

"Mena wait! What floor does your teacher stay? So I could come and pick you up when I'm done," he said.

"The up one. Her house is the second door at the left side," she said staring at her hands to make sure what she thought was left was actually left. She flashed Fego a smile and ran towards the gate, pushing it with her tiny hands. Fego soiled, his little angel was getting bigger everyday.

Fego turned his wrist to check for the time and as usual he was late for the meeting. If his father was alive, he would have nagged his ears off, telling him that a man that wants to make money has no business with lateness.