Ch.10 Lunch Practice

Normal POV

It is Wednesday, the longest day of the week which Akari dislikes as she was going over the map of Japan where she labeled the prefectures correctly for a quiz. Wakatoshi had a few wrong answers as he looked over to Akari. 

Akari showed her paper as he wrote the correct prefecture. 

"The small prefectures over here can be tough." Akari pointed out as he switched the correct name to the wrong prefecture. 

"How do you remember it?" He looks at her with a look of seriousness and frustration. Akari sensed it as she holds her map out and started to point with her right finger. 

"Breaking it down by regions." Akari stated. "You got mixed up with the Kyushu region and the Chubu region." She then points to the Kyushu region which was the left corner section of Japan. "I remember it starting from Fukuoka then circling around to Saga." He furrowed his eyebrows to try and process it. 

"Like a clock." She simply stated, hoping that would help. To her delight, he nods. She smiles and then continues. "I start to name the easy ones to identify, like Miyagi and Iwate, anything that surrounds Miyagi. Then I choose a region and label the prefecture going clock-wise." She then grabbed a pack of flashcards. 

"I sorta sketch the prefectures before coming here from America." She gives it to Wakatoshi as he accepts it. "I hope this would help." 

"Thank you, Akari-chan." She smiles and nods. Wakatoshi felt his legs were going numb. He didn't know why as he sees her smile and turns away helping another classmate. He watches her as her hair was tied back in a low pony tail with her black scrunchie as her bangs were parted on her left side of her head. He notice her hair going down on her small back with visible curls and waves. He thought it was cute but sometimes he would tuck it behind her ear because she was way too concentrated on her notes that she didn't really notice but Wakatoshi didn't care as he continued to watch her. He became quite fond of her determination. And her intelligence and independence which he thought she would be transferring to Class 4. 

With that small concern in mind, he decided to study harder in order to be on the same level of academic knowledge like her. 

~~~~~ 

After PE, I packed a meal from my dorm as I had time this morning to make rice from our small rice pot and then started cooking spam on our small pan after practice. I made sushi rice balls; some with spam in it which was diced into small clusters. I made some for Mei too since she said she wanted. 

I waited for Wakatoshi outside of the boy locker room by the field. It was time for lunch as we went towards the cafeteria. 

"Akari?" Wakatoshi asked. She hums as she looked up. "Would you like to go to the gym with me?" 

Akari's POV

Really!? He wants to go to the gym! I screamed happily inwardly but it came out as Wakatoshi looked worried. 

"Of course!" I squealed and jump around as we pass through the a group of students. Some were watching me as I continued to squeal. Wakatoshi's look was so priceless, he had a suprised look while walking. "I'm sorry." I turned back to my usual self and continued walking, but my face was lighting up. 

"It's miss playing volleyball at lunch." I turned to him. "Are you going to grab lunch?" He shakes his head as we approached the Boys' Gym.

"I'm not hungry." 

Normal POV

Tendou, Semi, Hayato, and Reon was already playing 2 vs 2 as the score was 3-2.