8. HOW UNFORTUNATE

Chapter 8: HOW UNFORTUNATE.

***************************************************

Alex's POV;

**************

As far as I remember I used to wake up on Mondays will a general air of 'no thank you'.

Monday blues were real and I suffered greatly. It should have stayed that way...

But noooo!

It's all in the past now, all thanks to a certain someone who made my weekend remarkably miserable as he successfully turned me into a corporate slave.

Now my mondays are blue no more... They are some horrendous shade of grey mixed with vomit green and black soot... I don't think there a name for something so terrible. Don't even imagine it.

Fine... So, I understood why he gave me this work, the data within the files was extremely sensitive to the company's reputation and hardly anyone had clearance to this information. But that didn't help my annoyance.

I felt irritated with the rays of sunlight and groaned as I dragged myself to the bathroom to get dressed for work, all the while cursing my sworn enemy to hell. A.k.a my boss.

My family was mad at me because apparently according to them 'work is my first priority and to me, it means even more than them'. My mom loves to be emotional like that, but...they don't know the truth.

They don't know that I spent my days cooped up in my room drowning in paperwork and burning the midnight oil. I was sleep-deprived and could sense a headache forming but I scooped aside all my personal problems, got into my car and started driving to get to work on time, I left the window down, the morning air touched my face and helped balance my mood up... Or at least tried.

When I entered the parking area, I visibly deflated to see that all the parking spaces were taken except the ones reserved for people with disabilities and the one with Jensen Black's oh-so-stupid "RESERVED" painted on his parking spot. Which meant he wasn't here yet.

Some idiot had no idea how to park a freaking car as their car had taken up two parking spaces.

After wasting some time, and failing to find a space for my car I parked it close to the reserved space. It's not my fault, blame the dumbass who didn't have simple car parking etiquettes.

Technically I wasn't taking his space, it just so happens that he won't be able to park in his reserved area since my car was parked pretty close, making it impossible for his car to pull in.

How unfortunate.

I made my way straight to his office and left copies of the files on his table just like he had asked. No token of appreciation for my hard work, not even a measly thank you.

Half an hour later I was in my office sitting in my chair and going through some sales documents on my computer when Kate walked in looking worried.

"It's 10:15 and he's still not here, he has a presentation to attend in a few minutes," she said and started pacing in front of my table.

"Who?" I faked a clueless expression as I tried to fight the grin which threatened to take over my face.

"Mr Black! Who else? He's very serious about punctuality, what's with him today?" She questioned no one in particular.

"I don't know..." maybe he's crying over his lost parking spot or he must be pulling his trademark 'No one dares to park in my space' crap on someone passing by.

It was hard to stop myself from laughing out loud at my imagination but somehow I managed.

"Oh, there he is" Kate spoke up which stopped my train of thoughts. "I'll see you later..." She said and quickly left.