Chapter 4

"No. Stop it."

It had been a month since their last encounter. Those words kept ringing in her head. Yeji can't differentiate whether she is glad or sad.

Yeji had determined to let go but the words replay in her mind over and over again. She is guilty to leave Jisu in the park because her emotion won the best of her, and the excessive tease. Or perhaps Jisu was very uncomfortable to say the least. They just met for God's sake.

She sighs.

"Yo, rough day?"

A woman holding a pouch sits next to her. Plain clothes with color stains here and there hugged her petite frame. Yeji never understood her fashion taste but she has her own charisma with it. All it takes for the woman is a mere side glance to the bartender and her drink comes almost immediately. Yeah, certainly the boss of this place gets priority service.

"I saw a lady earlier. Pretty. I went to greet a fellow acquaintance for a while and poof she gone."

Yeji gulps the shot in one go. She takes another shot, and another, and another one. Her companion keeps rambling about the lady's beauty although Yeji isn't that interested. The weather is chilly outside so here she is, simply to warm her body.

Maybe there is other thing. A hidden purpose she was doing intentionally, like trying to erase the last words Jisu said by drowning in alcohol?

"Oh! There she is...meh she is with someone. Hey look at her and stop ignoring me you antisocial woman."

Yeji put down her glass. "Shut up will you? I just want to enjoy my night in peace."

But Yeji searches for the said 'pretty lady' nonetheless. No, she isn't going to hook her up or something, just a little bit curious. Her eyes land on a woman's back. Familiar.

"Where is the lady you said again?"

As finger points to the woman's familiar back, her face turning sideways and finally visible. It is indeed her. Yeji glares at Chaeyoung. "You can't."

Chaeyoung was left dumbfounded as Yeji keeps an eye on them. Most importantly to the man next to her.

Slick neat hair of overusing pomade, spotless wrinkles on his suit, square spectacles and silver Rolex are the signs of his position, or rather to show off his wealth. The man obviously wants to score Jisu tonight. Almost, as the latter is currently under the booze. He dared to touch her, hand is gripping on her waist and the other caressing the smooth skin on her arm sneakily. Clearly Jisu has low tolerance of alcohol and she tries hard to get off his skinship. However, the man is persistent. Yeji is sickened out by his creepy pervert grin. She stands up and approaches their seats.

As she walks nearer the man gets even more daring. His hand roams on Jisu's exposed thigh thanks to her tight, a bit short, pencil skirt. Yeji walks faster toward their seats. The man doesn't seem to stop but a blinding flash caught him off.

"What the hell..."

The man turns around to find the culprit. Yeji used her instant camera and saved the picture in her jacket pocket. "I believe you did inappropriate things, sir."

The man rises up looking pissed off. He snatches the instant camera and smashes it down, creating a buzz and attracting crowds. Jisu also turns around to see her hero—or heroine—whose face blurry.

"Mind your own business, punk!"

The instant camera was barely in shape. Yeji stares at its shattered pieces, not minding those mouths exchanging wonders and comments at the back which feels like unclear background noises.