three !

chapter three
lycanthropy

"no, kie it's not a fancy word for periods." the boy gave her a tired look, running a hand over his face as she didn't understand what he was trying to say. "happens on the night of the full moon. awoooo." kida giggled as scott shoved her best friend, mocking a wolf howling with stiles as they clutches onto each other to avoid falling over from their laughter. scott stormed ahead of the two, glaring at the floor and kicking the leaves that littered the autumn ground.

"hey, there could be something seriously wrong with me!" kida rolled her eyes at her best friend's dramatic flare, pushing her hair over her shoulder and frowning at the brown sludge that covered her converse. "yeah, no shit. you're a werewolf scotty." scott lifted a hand to slap the back of the girl's head, stiles in turn pushing the brunette boy away from her and pulling kida tightly into his body to protect her from scott. "signs of anger, scotty. definitely going to wolf out and slash our throats on friday." scott glared at the girl who giggled into stiles' shoulder, ignoring her and bending down to look for his inhaler.

"those things are like eighty bucks." kida looked panicked as she hit stiles' arm repeatedly, the buzzcutted boy pulling his arm away to look where she was pointing. an ominous figure stood, staring at the three friends and looking overall really creepy. kids moved to two scott, pulling him off of the floor to get on his feet. the man began stalking towards them angrily, stiles pushing kida's body behind his own and wrapping an arm around her. "what are you doing here? huh? this is private property." his voice was coarse and harsh, not something she appreciated because she was so soft spoken herself.

"we were just looking for something but uh..forget it." the man glared towards the three of them, stuffing his hands in his pockets and expectantly waiting for them to leave. kida was still shoved behind stiles, her small hand clutched in his large one, their fingers laced together. if they weren't so scared of the random dude in the woods, they probably would've been blushing at the affectionate contact. the man pulled something out of his pocket, throwing it towards scott and walking away from them quickly. kida peered over scott's shoulder, realising that it was his inhaler.

"dude, that was derek hale. you remember right? he's only a few years older than us." kida didn't use a single clue who this derek hale was, or why exactly stiles was so excited about him, but she relished in the boy's childlike excitement. "his family. they all burned in a fire like ten years ago." kida frowned at this statement, knowing what it was like to lose your family right in front of you. she had watched both of her parents die, and it was the most horrible thing ever. stiles noticed the girl's discomfort, pulling his two best friends out of the woods, and taking them both home for the evening.

—————

"i overheard my dad on the phone." kida was seated on the bench, tying her cleats and adjusting her pads to watch scott play. kida sighed as scott sprinted into the field, and away from his two best friends. "i'm listening." she placed a soft hand on his arm for reassurance, smiling as he began to ramble about what he heard. "they found wolf hairs on the body. like actual wolf hairs." kida sighed, her hand tightening on stiles' bicep, watching as scott managed to make the shot by flipping around and throwing it into the net. she silently cheered for the brunette boy, choosing to let everyone else give him a confidence boost, and focus on stiles.

she smiled as she saw the familiar red and blue sheets in the warm bedroom, collapsing onto the bed and sighing contently. she curled into the sheets, pulling them over her body and closing her eyes. stiles smiled fondly as the tired girl laid on his bed, deciding to let her rest and look up lycanthropy on his own. he panicked as a knock sounded on the door, kida choosing to ignore it and stay in her position, letting stiles deal with it.

he sighed in relief as he realised it was just scott, kida raising an arm to wave at the boy, rather than actually move to greet him. "get in. you gotta see this. i've been up all night reading."

"this oughta be good."