Chapter 27: Not The Only One (Part 2)

'Now? Have you got visual on the person?' Rydel stood up immediately and started packing everything. He knew he needed to get moving immediately, but he also don't want to litter.

'Hold on......' Cellica opened her eyes wider and the jade color eyes started becoming brighter and brighter as pulses of white light started to appear and travelling from all corners of her face towards both of her eyes, 'I got him. It's locked in!'

'Locked in?' Rydel put on his backpack and helped Cellica up onto her feet.

'Yes. Let's go!' Things didn't really go as fast as Rydel had planned, but since Cellica had her eyes locked on the person, there is actually very little chance of her losing track of the person.

'Speaking of the bearer, what can you tell from this distance?' Rydel asked as they caught the bullet train that takes them to the closest transit towards the engineering zone.

'He has quite heavy body augmentation, especially his right arm which is fully mechanical!'

'Zel?' Rydel gave Cellica a confused look, 'Can you tell what's the power of his artifact?'

'Not really. But he is exiting a factory like area and heading away, looks kinda like an ugly lunch box.' Cellica answered as she continued to look into the distance despite the bullet training bringing the two into an underground tunnel. So this is what someone who is so adept at using her artifact can do, 'he doesn't seem to be in a rush at all, so everything should be okay, I think. Do you know the place I am talking about though?'

'Yeah, it's perfect.' Rydel almost sheds a tear at how flawlessly Cellica described the building before rethinking every conversation he has had with Zel, as well as all his actions, 'are you able to track to locations at the same time? Can you take a look at this other place......'

Things went so much smoother than Zel could have imagined.

He was slightly surprised to see Rydel working in his lab this early in the morning, but since he has prepped all the tools he could possibly need to break in and out of the storage facility beforehand, all he needed to do is to grab everything, do some final planning and carry out the plan.

Over the past few days and weeks, he has finally figured out both the human and automatic security systems of the storage facility.

A virus has already been sneaked into the system when he went and registered his details in the very first week and it has been slowly corroding the actual monitoring system bit by bit until the amount of deviation is enough to allow him to get what he wants.

6 pm is when the guards that checks the live feed goes and gets his delicious and nutritious freshly printed dinner. With his full attention focused on the food, there is essentially no chance that he would be physically looking at the lab.

The motion, temperature and pressure sensors are all set in a dormant state with randomly generated white noise to keep the alarm from popping off and Zel simply sneaked into the facility from a side entrance without too much trouble.

'99 % of any job is done before the action job.' She always said it, and Zel certainly took it to heart.

Without any outside interference, he would be in and out before anyone knew about it. Instead of the noisy jobs performed by others hired by the same organization, he would like to remain under the radar, away from attention, and certainly away from the news.

The only sort of difficulty for him would be to actually locate high energy stabilizer. Devices at this level are typically kept away in closed stacks and fixed conditions, and there is only one area in the storage facility that screams 'CONFIDENTIAL', the closed off containment area right next to the guards office.