31 ¤ Last Chapter (A/N)

I don't even know how much time has passed since I gave birth to Hope. But now, I am sure that things are getting bad again. I stand in the doorway, watching as Dylan holds baby Hope in his arms and sings to her.

"You really are good with kids," I say softly, and he chuckles.

"Yeah? You think?"

"Oh, yes," I say to him.

He smiles at me, and then stands up and lays her down in her crib, and he turns around and wraps his arms around my waist. He pulls me close.

"I love you, okay?"

"I love you too," I say. I lean against him and close my eyes as we stand there in the bedroom we share with Hope.

We stand there for a moment, and then I sense something off. I look at Dylan, and he looks back at me. He feels it too. He looks at the window off to the side, and then I see a figure standing on the ground below the window.

"Who's that?" I ask.

"I don't know," says Dylan.

The sound of crying pierces the air, and suddenly, there is a bright blue flash of light, and Dylan and I both run over and grab Hope, shielding her.

"Is she okay?" Dylan asks. "Are you okay?"

"Yes and yes," I say.

The sound of screaming is next to shatter the silence. Dylan spreads his wings and jumps out the window, launching himself at the window. He lands on the ground and runs at the bad guy standing in the field out back of the house.

"You want to cast magick at my family?" Dylan demands. "You really want to try that?"

"No, no, please, this is important," a female voice says.

I'm still holding Hope in my arms, but I jump out of the window and land beside Dylan on the lawn. The girl looks between us and smiles.

"You have a beautiful family," she says. "But you need to come with me. I need to show you two something."

"What do you have to show us?"

"I have to show you the future. Get your friends. This is pretty interesting."

___________________
A/N: so this was not originally going to be the end of this story, but I figured it would end here. Sorry that this isn't as long as the first one was, but I thought it should probably end here. I am making a third and final one for this series, and it will be told by Dylan, Anya Lee, and Hope. So make sure you look for when I post that.

As always, thank you all for reading this, and thank you to Chills (ya boi Dylan) for simply existing and being such a sweetie.

Love each and every one of you lovely people and thanks again for reading this.