Chapter 8

AMELIA POV

I decide to not think about Xavier dating Sofia at all throughout the entire party.

Of course Sofia wasn't going to tell me, why would you tell your friend you're dating her ex husband?

"It's time for the sex reveal!" Jodie shouts, as soon as she's back from getting her car. Everyone crowds around Jasmine and Dylan who have a toothpick in their hands, ready to pop the balloons.

Jasmine is wearing a tight white dress with a white blazer placed onto her shoulders and Dylan is in a white shirt and white pants.

"3, 2, 1..." Jasmine whispers to Dylan excitedly, it was such an intimate moment between them, that I felt like I shouldn't even be looking.

They both pierce a balloon each and the hot pink glitter falls onto them. They both look so shocked, and give each other a long hug.

All the guests cheer loudly and then Jasmine cuts the white cake to reveal the pink sponge cake inside.

I was fazed out for a couple of minutes, with all this baby preparation, I couldn't help but think about my own pregnancy scare with Xavier.

I was a little jealous on the inside, that I didn't get to have all of this, but obviously I wouldn't tell anyone.

Ultimately I'm glad I wasn't pregnant since that child would have to deal with separated parents - which is the last thing I want.

After a while everyone has gone, except Jasmine and Jodie whilst Dylan waits in the car.

"Thank you so much girls!" Jasmine pulls us in for a bear hug.

"I can't wait to start buying baby dresses and stuff!" Jodie squeals.

"Me too." I chip in.

"Anyway ladies, I got to leave, tomorrow is a very special day and I'm spending it with a very special person." She winks before getting into her car and leaving.

Oh right it's Valentines Day tomorrow.

"Jaz, before you leave I got you something." I hurry to the living room and grab the pink box that I had wrapped.

She opens the box excitedly and her eyes widen when she sees it.

It was a small necklace which my mother had given me when I was around 10 years old.

It was a sliver chain, with a pink bow locket on it, which at the back said "mummy's girl".

"Mel, I can't take this - it's too special to you." She pushes the box back into my hands.

"I want you to keep it Jaz, I don't even know if I'm going to have a child to pass it down to and even if I do who knows if it'll be a girl or not." I explain.

She pulls me into a long hug before leaving as well. I didn't want to keep her too long as it was Valentine's Day tomorrow and she probably wanted to spend time with her husband.

I fall back into my bed after changing into some fluffy pyjamas and sigh out loud.

I was going to be alone for Valentine's Day - for the 4th year in a row.

I wasn't upset about not having a date, but usually me and Jodie have a girls day out or something, but she's decided to get a boyfriend last year so I can't do that anymore.

I decided that I would go visit one of my secret business investments tomorrow and stay a little in the Valentine's spirit.

The next evening I start getting ready, I wore diamond mesh mini skirt and matching crop top, making sure I had pasties on.

It was a risky look, but I was honestly tired of wearing dresses and blazers. I paired it with tall glossy black heels and matching diamond jewellery.

I put on a faux fur black jacket and take a crystal crystal embellished purse, which I threw my phone, lipgloss and a couple wads of cash.

I get into my Bentley and drive through the city. Looking out the windows, all the restaurants were jam packed with couples celebrating Valentine's Day.

Finally, I arrive at my destination.

Fantasy Plaza

One of New York City's most elite strip clubs.

I parallel park in towards the front and walk to the entrance. The bouncer immediately recognises me.

"Good evening boss." He pulls his hand out, nodding to acknowledge his greeting, I shake his hand and walk into the club.

My heels click on the laminate floor, a small sway in my hips emerges as I gain a sudden boost of confidence - maybe it was because I entered the strip club or maybe it was because I owned the place.

A few years ago, Kings Cor wanted to break down this club and build something for his own profit, but I somehow managed to buy him out.

I knew a lot of women depended on this club for their livelihood and I didn't want to ruin their form of income so I kept it as a strip club, which I visited every now and then.

I sat on the velvet couches on the perimeter of the room, watching the strippers dance.

Their bodies moved so seductively and confidently to the music, swaying and dancing on the poles. I watched them for a few minutes before I started throwing cash.

I took off my coat and glasses and the dancers immediately recognised me and cheered. They were all nice girls and were so friendly especially when they learnt that I wasn't breaking down the club.

The girl pull me into the stage with them, dancing along with them I let myself go and gave in to the music. Thank god what I wore was appropriate for dancing.

I throw my arms in the hair and shake my hips to the beats of the Latin music.

Cash was being thrown left right and centre as the club got busier.

I felt an abundance of notes but my back, I turn around to see who it was.

Xavier King.

what POV do you want next?

what do you think of non-business Amelia?

please vote and comment

Lots of love
-BanditLuva🖤