o

there wasn't much people in the beach yet, luckily it's not that crowded and only a few kids or adults are swimming. i felt the sand was hot as i yelped in pain and kept my slippers on. i let the wave hit my feet as it hit the shore also, being pushed back while i followed it.

the water was cold and relaxing, though i didn't brought any goggles with me since i didn't plant to stay on the beach that long. my lower body was already on the water as kids started splashing while they were on their floater. i splashed some on their way and the kids for real did me dirty, they splashed harder on my direction.

i gasped and frowned at them, splashing harder this time and they did the same thing, "take that!"

there was a splash battle that happened for a few minutes before i gave up and went out of the water. they laughed and threw their hands up in victory, while i scoffed and chuckled at them. i sat on the sand and let the water hit my feet again.

i saw some kids building sandcastles and i decided to join in. yes i know, i've been playing with kids since lately, but that's only because they're the only one around here. i don't see much teenagers and even if there was, it would be hard to interact with them.

the kids left sooner when their parents called them and i was left with a cup on my hand, finishing my castle. i was so focused on building and forming things with my cup, that i didn't notice the whistling beside me. i glanced at the direction and saw the same boy from lately, also building a castle.

my eyebrows furrowed and i glared at his figure who kept on whistling, focusing on his castle also. i scoffed and turned to mine, making it bigger as i took out the cup again. but no matter how hard i try, his castle was half bigger than mine.

it was frustrating, knowing that we're competing because he kept on glancing at mine and would snicker after. i mentally cursed at him and after a few minutes, he finished his build with a small red flag placed on top.

my mouth hang open and i looked at my hands and my surroundings, only a cup and more sand can be seen. but since i didn't want to lose and make it seem like my castle was plain, i took the seaweed that's been pushed out by the water. i placed it on the top and brushed the sands off my hands.

then i heard a dying laughter as i turned my head towards the boy who was pointing and cackling at the seaweed.

"who puts seaweed on their sandcastles?" he laughed loudly.

"shut up!" i shouted and threw a small rock at his castle.

as revenge, he stood up and ran, filling his cup with water. he splashed my castle with the water and pulled his lower eyelid down while sticking his tongue out at me again.

"take that, seaweed freak!"