Christian's Feelings

Christian knew it was bad idea to bring Regina along

Christian knew it was bad idea to bring Regina along. His brother and his fiancée had looked askance the moment she set foot on the cabin. True, it was one of his bad decisions. He was driven by something else other than common sense these days. And still is. So, he ignored that Kylie and Matthew were not in the cabin when they first came. Maybe they went for that romantic "couple" stroll around the property.

His jaw clenches at the thought.

As if to further his already foul mood, he hears Kylie and Matthew's laughter from the kitchen. He glances briefly to Regina's head on his shoulder, grinding his teeth. Dinner would be done by now if she hadn't requested for some tossed salad. After complaining about the phone reception for a solid thirty minutes.

Vren and Audrey are cuddled by the fireplace. The babysitter just tucked their son to bed. He shoved his fingers to the bridge of his nose, massaging it. He should be happy for his brother's happy ending. Yet he just felt taunted.

Because in the most private compartment of his mind, he wanted it – thought of having it. Maybe once or twice.

He rose from his seat when he heard another wave of laughter, careless when Regina groaned in protest. "Where are you going?"

"Thirsty," he grumbles.

With stabbing feet, he strolled in the kitchen. He paused at the doorway.

Matthew stood close to Kylie, holding her hand with the knife as if teaching her how to chop the vegetables. Which he was, ever the freaking gentleman.

He had to admit. There's jealousy looming in of his younger brother who's a few years more responsible and mature than he is. Matthew with the gentle smile and shining blue eyes who was way better than him. Kylie is in the right mind to choose him. But, damn it, he's still allowed to be indignant and extremely angry, especially at the way she looks up to him like he was the hero.

"Okay, I get it now," she nods eagerly. Her beautiful midnight hair swept in a messy bun, a few locks covering her eyes.

His fingers itched to brush them off. He wanted to brush them off. Instead, he just stood there like a jealous loser.

His brother moved a step back and patted her head. "You're a fast learner."

She giggles. "I told you I'm not entirely a disaster around knives."

But she is.

He wants to strangle his brother for letting her use a knife – let alone putting her in front of a chopping a board. It's just an accident waiting to happen. And he cares far too much about that accident.

Shaking his head, he continues inside the kitchen. They both flick a glance his way but said nothing. Fantastic.

He headed to the fridge, deliberately wedging his way between Matthew and Kylie. He pulled out a bottle of water, listening to the rapid chopping on the cutting board.

"Babe, I'm going outside for a smoke. Can you come with me?"

As if she wasn't inconvenience enough, Regina appears in the doorway with red-matte pout with her shittiest timing.

The chopping went into a furious pace.

He was trying not to tell her to be careful with her hands, but for some reason, he's having the worst luck and it's not his place to tell her that, so he clamped his mouth shut.

"Give me a sec," he says, drinking his water.

Silence fell.

Then there's a muffled gasp then the knife clang on the counter. Christian was on her side in a heartbeat, clutching her wrist. "You shouldn't be around knives."

"It's fine," she says curtly.

Blood welled on her pinky finger. "You're bleeding. Nothing's fine about that."

Kylie wiggled her wrist out of his grasp. "I said it's fine," she snapped, her glare full of daggers.

Matthew went to her other side. "It's fine, Christian. I'll take care of it."

She sidestepped closer to his brother. Away from him.

And, fuck, it stung too much.

"Just go join your girlfriend," Kylie nodded her head to the doorway.

"But—"

"Just go away," she hissed. It wasn't the black look Kylie has given her that hurt him. It wasn't the scorn in her face either. It was the hatred that clung to every single syllable that did it to him.

Christian swallowed, burrowing his broken heart away underground. For the first time since she has been telling him to go away, he was finally – although unwillingly – going to leave her alone.

He brushes past them, his brows meeting together in a nasty frown. Regina snaked her arm around his and he struggled not to tug it off and kept struggling not to send her home. He could play the worst bad guy and rebound Kylie out of his system.

But in the most unexplainable way, he couldn't stomach to be with anyone else. He doesn't want anyone else. He wants Kylie.

Only Kylie.

He doesn't know what exactly what had gotten into him. Maybe he caught some sort of bug that might explain his sudden change of heart. He was sure about one thing though – that karma definitely caught up to him and dangled that one woman he actually wanted and took it away because someone better than him in every away deserves her.

Sucker punch.

What do you think? Tell me on the comments below. :) don't forget to vote. It will make me smile.
Gah, I wish it's Friday already.
Love you! Xoxo.