Epilogue

About five months later...

"How about this?" Aiden asked carelessly tossing a sword from hand to hand. The sheath was intact so it didn't pose an imminent threat but just the thought of Kody having one of those lying around the apartment had me breaking out in a sweat.

"Why do you insist on getting him something he can kill me with?" I asked snatching the sword out of his hand.

Aiden shrugged, a smirk on his face. "You never know..."

I rolled my eyes. It was Kody's birthday in a couple of days and I wanted to give him the perfect gift. He constantly told me that he didn't want anything special but I wanted to surprise him. I brought Aiden along for moral support.

That was a mistake.

"I was thinking a pair of sneakers or tickets to a game. Maybe a nice watch."

Aiden just shook his head pulling me further into the pawnshop. "It was always a bitch getting him gifts. He's a particular guy. You gotta choose something unique."

I'd heard this multiple times. Apparently Kody had everything he'd ever wanted. It kinda made me want to give him a punch in the face for his birthday.

"Well, I've got money now. Maybe I can dazzle him."

It was true. I'd had the most stressful, memorable, and emotionally draining year of my life and it had left me with a small fortune.

My lawsuit against Stephen Miller had dwindled down into a one time payment of fifteen thousand dollars and some minor slaps on the wrist. (I was told it was the best deal I was going to get)

As if that wasn't enough, after I moved in with Kody another girl moved into my apartment and found out why the rent was so cheap. Apparently Anthony Torres had a series of cameras hidden throughout the apartment.

Kody had not taken that news well and Anthony was sentenced to jail time. Also me, the new tenant and another girl were financially compensated. It was a creepy time and I still hadn't gotten over the fact that he'd seen me naked.

Still it was behind me now and it left me with a comfortable nest egg.

Aiden held up a set of bow and arrows. "okay I know what you're going to say but hear me out-"

"Put the weapon down." I said casually snatching the bow out of his hand. In all honesty Kody would probably love it but I didn't want him accidentally shooting King in the head.

Bending to put the weapon back on the shelf I felt a slight trickle of liquid run down my leg.

My heart literally stopped.

I turned to Aiden, my eyes wide as the trickle turned into a stream. "You have got to be shitting me. "

He looked offended dropping the paintball gun he held. "Well, why'd you bring me if you didn't want my opinion?"

I grabbed the shelf pulling myself into the standing position before looking at the floor and confirming my worst fears.

My water had broke.

"Call your brother" I said taking a deep breath. I had no contractions, no pain. "Tell him it's PROM."

Aiden looked confused but he pulled out his phone. "Prom? What's that supposed to mean?School's over."

My due date wasn't for two more weeks. I wasn't ready to have this baby. I was fucking terrified. "The baby's coming Aiden. This baby is going to be born in a pawn shop."