Chapter 14

AN: welcome back, guys!! please do not be ghost readers <33

The roaring of the crowd made their fucking head pound. They breathed in deeply, relishing Kuya Caloy's hype and last words of encouragement. Kuya Chris slapped Art's shoulder. Ate Daye punched them. Ate Maria told Art they would do amazing, good luck, and just have fun.

Shit, shit, shit.

They were called to the stage.

Art felt like their soul was hovering above their body.

This was how it felt to perform.

The lights were blinding. The howling crowd was all they could hear. They could feel the stage thrum with some sort of energy. The whole venue felt like it was ready to eat them alive, tear them to shreds, holy shit

"LET'S FUCKING GO!" they heard Chase's voice, booming and relentless. He was in the front row. "GO DOZA!"

Okay. Okay. Okay. They've trained for this. Fuck. They could do this. Rallying their confidence, Art grinned and pointed right at Chase. (Was he still alone? Where was Shay?)

"YOWWWWWN!" (("THERE WE GO!")) Chase screamed. "ANG POGI MO, DOZA! LET'S FUCKING GO!" (("YOU'RE SO HOT, DOZA! LET'S FUCKING GO!"))

Art took in a shaky breath as they got into their first position. Left. In the back. Behind Kuya Caloy.

Ate Kay nodded at them as they passed.

"Good luck," she mouthed.

Art nodded. "Good luck," they mumbled back, shaking away their nerves.

Okay.

Ate Kay wasn't looking at them anymore. She was looking at the crowd. And then, "Art." She jutted her chin out a little. "Look."

Art was struggling not to distract themselves anymore. They wanted to feel grounded. They wanted to feel present on stage, and they wanted to feel themself moving inside their own body instead of feeling like a spectator.

But, well...

There he was. Just in time. As fucking usual.

Shay.

He was a standout. Tall, broad-shouldered, and most importantly in pink. In school pride pink! He was pushing himself to the front row, Art could tell he was muttering apologies, and...

Was he holding flowers? Were those pink fucking roses?

In their stomach erupted a light, all-consuming, happy feeling that tore their shakiness out of their body. It spread to their chest, gave them something to focus on other than their nervousness, and... holy shit.

When Shade found himself next to Chase, he looked breathless and above all embarrassed. But, shaking off his posh-ness, he shouted, "LET'S GO, DOZA!" He held up his flowers, and Art was blushing. "ANG GANDA MO, ART! LET'S GO!"(("YOU'RE SO PRETTY, ART! LET'S GO!"))

Art was grinning like a fucking mad man, feeling giddy... and oh no, gushy.

Oh my fucking God.

Flowers.

That's what he was so busy buying?

Art shook their head and grinned at the floor. Their cheeks were on fire. Their chest was burning and their body was tingling with excitement.